Mobile app for preventing women violence introduces in Aug
Published : 22 Jun 2016, 14:10
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki said special mobile app, a computer programme designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers, has been made to prevent violence against women and children and it would be introduced on August 8 marking birthday of Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnese Mujib.
"Sometimes it becomes difficult to seek necessary help during a incident taking place . . .besides tracing offenders becomes tough due to lack of proper proofs . . .to solve these problems, new smart-phone useable app has been made," she said while presenting entire activities of the ministry at a press briefing at Department of Women Affairs at Eskaton here.
A mobile app is a computer program designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
Chumki said If such situation arises that any women is going to be tortured or have been tortured, one will have to touch the mobile app. As soon as the app would be touched, it would send short alarm messages with the address of spot to her families, concerned police stations, National Helpline Centre (10921) on Prevent Violence Against Women and police control room
"Besides that app would preserve conversations, would take pictures after particular interval and these would be preserved in the mobile phones . . .and these would be sent automatically to national helpline centre's server," she said and added that app would contain information of women safety and their rights.
Chumki said policy would be made keeping the management of establishing daycare center at private level to provide services to children of working mothers while Child Marriage Prevention Act would be finalized by this year.
Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum, Director General of Department of Women Affairs Shaheen Ahmed Chowdhury, Multi-Sectoral Programme on Violence Against Women Director Dr Abul Hossain and Department of Women Affairs Director Jahangir Hossain were present, on the occasion, among others.
- Most viewed
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India