Mobile app for preventing women violence introduces in Aug
Published : 22 Jun 2016, 14:10
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki said special mobile app, a computer programme designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers, has been made to prevent violence against women and children and it would be introduced on August 8 marking birthday of Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnese Mujib.
"Sometimes it becomes difficult to seek necessary help during a incident taking place . . .besides tracing offenders becomes tough due to lack of proper proofs . . .to solve these problems, new smart-phone useable app has been made," she said while presenting entire activities of the ministry at a press briefing at Department of Women Affairs at Eskaton here.
A mobile app is a computer program designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
Chumki said If such situation arises that any women is going to be tortured or have been tortured, one will have to touch the mobile app. As soon as the app would be touched, it would send short alarm messages with the address of spot to her families, concerned police stations, National Helpline Centre (10921) on Prevent Violence Against Women and police control room
"Besides that app would preserve conversations, would take pictures after particular interval and these would be preserved in the mobile phones . . .and these would be sent automatically to national helpline centre's server," she said and added that app would contain information of women safety and their rights.
Chumki said policy would be made keeping the management of establishing daycare center at private level to provide services to children of working mothers while Child Marriage Prevention Act would be finalized by this year.
Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum, Director General of Department of Women Affairs Shaheen Ahmed Chowdhury, Multi-Sectoral Programme on Violence Against Women Director Dr Abul Hossain and Department of Women Affairs Director Jahangir Hossain were present, on the occasion, among others.
- Most viewed
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge