Mobile app for preventing women violence introduces in Aug
Published : 22 Jun 2016, 14:10
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki said special mobile app, a computer programme designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers, has been made to prevent violence against women and children and it would be introduced on August 8 marking birthday of Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnese Mujib.
"Sometimes it becomes difficult to seek necessary help during a incident taking place . . .besides tracing offenders becomes tough due to lack of proper proofs . . .to solve these problems, new smart-phone useable app has been made," she said while presenting entire activities of the ministry at a press briefing at Department of Women Affairs at Eskaton here.
A mobile app is a computer program designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
Chumki said If such situation arises that any women is going to be tortured or have been tortured, one will have to touch the mobile app. As soon as the app would be touched, it would send short alarm messages with the address of spot to her families, concerned police stations, National Helpline Centre (10921) on Prevent Violence Against Women and police control room
"Besides that app would preserve conversations, would take pictures after particular interval and these would be preserved in the mobile phones . . .and these would be sent automatically to national helpline centre's server," she said and added that app would contain information of women safety and their rights.
Chumki said policy would be made keeping the management of establishing daycare center at private level to provide services to children of working mothers while Child Marriage Prevention Act would be finalized by this year.
Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum, Director General of Department of Women Affairs Shaheen Ahmed Chowdhury, Multi-Sectoral Programme on Violence Against Women Director Dr Abul Hossain and Department of Women Affairs Director Jahangir Hossain were present, on the occasion, among others.
- Most viewed
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Kill depression with small lifestyle changes
- Hamburgers may be more dangerous than you think
- Strawberry wine: Cheers to good health!
- 5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Govt. to continue food assistance to flood-hit people: PM
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom