Postal department for common people: Tarana
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 12:54
Bangladesh postal department has been providing many services to common people across the country, State minister for Posts and Telecommunication Tarana Halim said today.
"The postal department is involving to provide services including goods collection, transportation and distribution, letters bringing and sending home and abroad, home and abroad parcel, registration, goods insurance (home and abroad), value payable (VP), money order, postal order, EMTS, postal cash card, GEP and EMS, Intel post (Fax service), registration: newspaper, e-post and stamp selling," she said.
Replying to a stared question from treasury bench member SM Mostafa Rashidi of Khulna-4, Tarana said the postal department is also involved in allowance distribution among extreme poor people across the country.
Of which Taka 13,71,17,270 and Taka 8,11,54,000 to 14,127 and 9,987 extreme poor people were given through postal cash card under CTT project of LGRD division and EGPP project of disaster management and relief ministry respectively, she informed the House.
Besides, the postal department has also been distributing money to many beneficiaries including forest department project financed by FAO and UNDP financed SWZPNO project and other services.
The state minister informed the House that the postal department is dealing savings bond worth of Taka 160.90 crore daily, adding, "It attended World Stamp Show NY-2016 and earned USD 20,135 and USD 14,893 from 32nd Asian International Stamp Exhibition-2016 through Philately Exhibition."
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists