Postal department for common people: Tarana
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 12:54
Bangladesh postal department has been providing many services to common people across the country, State minister for Posts and Telecommunication Tarana Halim said today.
"The postal department is involving to provide services including goods collection, transportation and distribution, letters bringing and sending home and abroad, home and abroad parcel, registration, goods insurance (home and abroad), value payable (VP), money order, postal order, EMTS, postal cash card, GEP and EMS, Intel post (Fax service), registration: newspaper, e-post and stamp selling," she said.
Replying to a stared question from treasury bench member SM Mostafa Rashidi of Khulna-4, Tarana said the postal department is also involved in allowance distribution among extreme poor people across the country.
Of which Taka 13,71,17,270 and Taka 8,11,54,000 to 14,127 and 9,987 extreme poor people were given through postal cash card under CTT project of LGRD division and EGPP project of disaster management and relief ministry respectively, she informed the House.
Besides, the postal department has also been distributing money to many beneficiaries including forest department project financed by FAO and UNDP financed SWZPNO project and other services.
The state minister informed the House that the postal department is dealing savings bond worth of Taka 160.90 crore daily, adding, "It attended World Stamp Show NY-2016 and earned USD 20,135 and USD 14,893 from 32nd Asian International Stamp Exhibition-2016 through Philately Exhibition."
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations