Postal department for common people: Tarana
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 12:54
Bangladesh postal department has been providing many services to common people across the country, State minister for Posts and Telecommunication Tarana Halim said today.
"The postal department is involving to provide services including goods collection, transportation and distribution, letters bringing and sending home and abroad, home and abroad parcel, registration, goods insurance (home and abroad), value payable (VP), money order, postal order, EMTS, postal cash card, GEP and EMS, Intel post (Fax service), registration: newspaper, e-post and stamp selling," she said.
Replying to a stared question from treasury bench member SM Mostafa Rashidi of Khulna-4, Tarana said the postal department is also involved in allowance distribution among extreme poor people across the country.
Of which Taka 13,71,17,270 and Taka 8,11,54,000 to 14,127 and 9,987 extreme poor people were given through postal cash card under CTT project of LGRD division and EGPP project of disaster management and relief ministry respectively, she informed the House.
Besides, the postal department has also been distributing money to many beneficiaries including forest department project financed by FAO and UNDP financed SWZPNO project and other services.
The state minister informed the House that the postal department is dealing savings bond worth of Taka 160.90 crore daily, adding, "It attended World Stamp Show NY-2016 and earned USD 20,135 and USD 14,893 from 32nd Asian International Stamp Exhibition-2016 through Philately Exhibition."
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM