Shahbaz nominated as 'Opposition' candidate for PM: Marriyum Aurangzeb
Published : 07 Aug 2018, 13:39
PML-N spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb on Monday said that all opposition parties have unanimously accepted PML-N Chairman Shahbaz Sharif as their nominee for the office of prime minister.
The decision was first made in All Parties Conference (APC), which was held in Islamabad on Thursday in the wake of the alleged rigging during the July 25 elections.
It had been decided in the meeting that the prime minister nominee shall be appointed from the PML-N, the speaker of National Assembly nominee from the PPP and that of deputy speaker from the Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA).
Talking to media persons, the former information minister also said that opposition parties have decided to pen a whitepaper on the "blatant rigging" that took place in these elections.
"We will protest outside the Election Commission of Pakistan's office in Islamabad. Ticket holders and members of all political parties will take part in the protest," Aurangzeb said while adding that the protest will also be against media censorship.
"If the 120-day-long dharna can be covered, why peoples' concerns can't be aired on TV?" she asked while reminding people that Imran Khan had promised to conduct a recount in any constituency that any political party had reservations in.
"But then Babar Awan started talking about taking a stay against any recounting, he should at least have kept the sanctity of his leader's fake words intact," the former information minister said.
- Most viewed
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today