Gulshan Attack mastermind Tamim killed
Published : 27 Aug 2016, 14:34
Tamim Chowdhury, the mastermind of Gulshan attack with alleged IS link, and two other suspected militants have been killed in a drive at a militants’ den in Paikpara area of Narayanganj town on Saturday morning.
Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit Chief Monirul Islam confirmed the deaths.
A member of CTTC has identified the other two militants as Manik, 35, and Iqbal 25.
A joint team of the CTTC unit, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and local police started the operation in a three-storied building around 9:36am and continued till 10:35am, said Narayanganj Additional Police Super Faruk Hossain.
They cordoned off the building from the early hours, said the police official.
The joint force and the militants exchanged heavy gunshots frequently, he added.
Faruk also said the militants have burnt some materials believed to be important documents of their activities inside the building during the drive.
The law enforcement agencies carried out raid acting on information extracted from the arrested involved in the Holey Artisan Bakery attack incident in Gulshan, said a police source seeking anonymity.
Source: dhaka tribune
- Most viewed
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Kill depression with small lifestyle changes
- Hamburgers may be more dangerous than you think
- Strawberry wine: Cheers to good health!
- 5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Govt. to continue food assistance to flood-hit people: PM
- 21 August Deaths
- 21 August Births
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom