Gulshan Attack mastermind Tamim killed
Published : 27 Aug 2016, 14:34
Tamim Chowdhury, the mastermind of Gulshan attack with alleged IS link, and two other suspected militants have been killed in a drive at a militants’ den in Paikpara area of Narayanganj town on Saturday morning.
Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit Chief Monirul Islam confirmed the deaths.
A member of CTTC has identified the other two militants as Manik, 35, and Iqbal 25.
A joint team of the CTTC unit, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and local police started the operation in a three-storied building around 9:36am and continued till 10:35am, said Narayanganj Additional Police Super Faruk Hossain.
They cordoned off the building from the early hours, said the police official.
The joint force and the militants exchanged heavy gunshots frequently, he added.
Faruk also said the militants have burnt some materials believed to be important documents of their activities inside the building during the drive.
The law enforcement agencies carried out raid acting on information extracted from the arrested involved in the Holey Artisan Bakery attack incident in Gulshan, said a police source seeking anonymity.
Source: dhaka tribune
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation