Gulshan Attack mastermind Tamim killed
Published : 27 Aug 2016, 14:34
Tamim Chowdhury, the mastermind of Gulshan attack with alleged IS link, and two other suspected militants have been killed in a drive at a militants’ den in Paikpara area of Narayanganj town on Saturday morning.
Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit Chief Monirul Islam confirmed the deaths.
A member of CTTC has identified the other two militants as Manik, 35, and Iqbal 25.
A joint team of the CTTC unit, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and local police started the operation in a three-storied building around 9:36am and continued till 10:35am, said Narayanganj Additional Police Super Faruk Hossain.
They cordoned off the building from the early hours, said the police official.
The joint force and the militants exchanged heavy gunshots frequently, he added.
Faruk also said the militants have burnt some materials believed to be important documents of their activities inside the building during the drive.
The law enforcement agencies carried out raid acting on information extracted from the arrested involved in the Holey Artisan Bakery attack incident in Gulshan, said a police source seeking anonymity.
Source: dhaka tribune
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors