6 kidnappers held, victim rescued
Published : 09 Feb 2017, 17:11
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested six members of a gang allegedly involved in kidnapping, killing and human trafficking from different areas of Dhaka and Narayanganj.
The arrestees are ringleader, Md Zakir Hossain, 55, his wife Marjina Begum alias Banechha, 40, Md Titu, 29, Md Hossain Sagor alias Belu alias Delu, 22, Jesmin Begum,37, and Md Aslam alias Al Amin, 28.
A squad of RAB-11 arrested them in separate raids at Janopad Road at Sayedabad under Jatrabari Police Station in Dhaka and Bagmara under Siddhirganj Police Station in Narayanganj on February 7 and February 9 (today), said an official of RAB.
They also seized one pistol, three rounds of bullet, one magazine, three sharp weapons, 1020 pieces of contraband yaba tablets, 23 seductive injection and 17 mobile phone sets from their possessions, he said.
After being informed, RAB personnel rescued a victim named Md Bayezid, 8, from Chittagang Road around 9pm on January 18 from the clutches of kidnappers, he said, adding that the criminals managed to flee the scene.
- Most viewed
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 9 Bangladeshi women and children released from Indian jail after 4 years
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on AL's 68th founding anniversary
- AL to stay beside people: PM
- Give scope to AL to serve people time and again: PM
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists