6 kidnappers held, victim rescued
Published : 09 Feb 2017, 17:11
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested six members of a gang allegedly involved in kidnapping, killing and human trafficking from different areas of Dhaka and Narayanganj.
The arrestees are ringleader, Md Zakir Hossain, 55, his wife Marjina Begum alias Banechha, 40, Md Titu, 29, Md Hossain Sagor alias Belu alias Delu, 22, Jesmin Begum,37, and Md Aslam alias Al Amin, 28.
A squad of RAB-11 arrested them in separate raids at Janopad Road at Sayedabad under Jatrabari Police Station in Dhaka and Bagmara under Siddhirganj Police Station in Narayanganj on February 7 and February 9 (today), said an official of RAB.
They also seized one pistol, three rounds of bullet, one magazine, three sharp weapons, 1020 pieces of contraband yaba tablets, 23 seductive injection and 17 mobile phone sets from their possessions, he said.
After being informed, RAB personnel rescued a victim named Md Bayezid, 8, from Chittagang Road around 9pm on January 18 from the clutches of kidnappers, he said, adding that the criminals managed to flee the scene.
- Most viewed
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts