6 kidnappers held, victim rescued
Published : 09 Feb 2017, 17:11
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested six members of a gang allegedly involved in kidnapping, killing and human trafficking from different areas of Dhaka and Narayanganj.
The arrestees are ringleader, Md Zakir Hossain, 55, his wife Marjina Begum alias Banechha, 40, Md Titu, 29, Md Hossain Sagor alias Belu alias Delu, 22, Jesmin Begum,37, and Md Aslam alias Al Amin, 28.
A squad of RAB-11 arrested them in separate raids at Janopad Road at Sayedabad under Jatrabari Police Station in Dhaka and Bagmara under Siddhirganj Police Station in Narayanganj on February 7 and February 9 (today), said an official of RAB.
They also seized one pistol, three rounds of bullet, one magazine, three sharp weapons, 1020 pieces of contraband yaba tablets, 23 seductive injection and 17 mobile phone sets from their possessions, he said.
After being informed, RAB personnel rescued a victim named Md Bayezid, 8, from Chittagang Road around 9pm on January 18 from the clutches of kidnappers, he said, adding that the criminals managed to flee the scene.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women