6 kidnappers held, victim rescued
Published : 09 Feb 2017, 17:11
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested six members of a gang allegedly involved in kidnapping, killing and human trafficking from different areas of Dhaka and Narayanganj.
The arrestees are ringleader, Md Zakir Hossain, 55, his wife Marjina Begum alias Banechha, 40, Md Titu, 29, Md Hossain Sagor alias Belu alias Delu, 22, Jesmin Begum,37, and Md Aslam alias Al Amin, 28.
A squad of RAB-11 arrested them in separate raids at Janopad Road at Sayedabad under Jatrabari Police Station in Dhaka and Bagmara under Siddhirganj Police Station in Narayanganj on February 7 and February 9 (today), said an official of RAB.
They also seized one pistol, three rounds of bullet, one magazine, three sharp weapons, 1020 pieces of contraband yaba tablets, 23 seductive injection and 17 mobile phone sets from their possessions, he said.
After being informed, RAB personnel rescued a victim named Md Bayezid, 8, from Chittagang Road around 9pm on January 18 from the clutches of kidnappers, he said, adding that the criminals managed to flee the scene.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths