6 kidnappers held, victim rescued
Published : 09 Feb 2017, 17:11
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested six members of a gang allegedly involved in kidnapping, killing and human trafficking from different areas of Dhaka and Narayanganj.
The arrestees are ringleader, Md Zakir Hossain, 55, his wife Marjina Begum alias Banechha, 40, Md Titu, 29, Md Hossain Sagor alias Belu alias Delu, 22, Jesmin Begum,37, and Md Aslam alias Al Amin, 28.
A squad of RAB-11 arrested them in separate raids at Janopad Road at Sayedabad under Jatrabari Police Station in Dhaka and Bagmara under Siddhirganj Police Station in Narayanganj on February 7 and February 9 (today), said an official of RAB.
They also seized one pistol, three rounds of bullet, one magazine, three sharp weapons, 1020 pieces of contraband yaba tablets, 23 seductive injection and 17 mobile phone sets from their possessions, he said.
After being informed, RAB personnel rescued a victim named Md Bayezid, 8, from Chittagang Road around 9pm on January 18 from the clutches of kidnappers, he said, adding that the criminals managed to flee the scene.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling