Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final