PM for modernizing weaving industry, multipurpose use of products
Published : 19 Mar 2017, 16:00
Putting emphasis on modernization of weaving industry and multipurpose use of its products, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today assured of extending all kinds of cooperation for further expansion of the industry.
"Weaving is a high quality art and our aim is to expand and modernize the industry ... we are ready to extend cooperation whatever is necessary and we would continue it for the further development of the industry," she said.
The prime minister was addressing as the chief guest the first national council of Bangladesh Tanti League at the Krishibid Institution, Bangladesh auditorium at Farmgate in the capital.
Bangladesh Tanti League Convenor Enajur Rahman Chowdhury presided over the council, while second Joint Convenor of the organisation Sadhana Das Gupta delivered the welcome address.
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Qauder was present on the dais.
Member Secretary of the Council Preparatory Committee Engineer Md Shawkat Ali placed the obituary reference and the first Joint Convenor Khagen Chandra Debnath submitted the organizational report.
Earlier, the prime minister inaugurated the council of the Tanti League, the Awami League's 'tantis' (weavers) front, by hoisting the national flag and releasing pigeons. Convenor of the organisation Enajur Rahman Chowdhury raised the party flag at that time.
A minute's silence was also observed as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and other martyrs of the August 15 carnage as well as other leaders and workers of Awami League and its associate bodies who embraced martyrdom in different movements of the country.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self