PM for modernizing weaving industry, multipurpose use of products
Published : 19 Mar 2017, 16:00
Putting emphasis on modernization of weaving industry and multipurpose use of its products, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today assured of extending all kinds of cooperation for further expansion of the industry.
"Weaving is a high quality art and our aim is to expand and modernize the industry ... we are ready to extend cooperation whatever is necessary and we would continue it for the further development of the industry," she said.
The prime minister was addressing as the chief guest the first national council of Bangladesh Tanti League at the Krishibid Institution, Bangladesh auditorium at Farmgate in the capital.
Bangladesh Tanti League Convenor Enajur Rahman Chowdhury presided over the council, while second Joint Convenor of the organisation Sadhana Das Gupta delivered the welcome address.
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Qauder was present on the dais.
Member Secretary of the Council Preparatory Committee Engineer Md Shawkat Ali placed the obituary reference and the first Joint Convenor Khagen Chandra Debnath submitted the organizational report.
Earlier, the prime minister inaugurated the council of the Tanti League, the Awami League's 'tantis' (weavers) front, by hoisting the national flag and releasing pigeons. Convenor of the organisation Enajur Rahman Chowdhury raised the party flag at that time.
A minute's silence was also observed as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and other martyrs of the August 15 carnage as well as other leaders and workers of Awami League and its associate bodies who embraced martyrdom in different movements of the country.
- Most viewed
- Miley, Liam to start a family?
- PM denounces London terrorist attack
- 'India is going ahead with Teesta treaty without consulting West Bengal'
- Ensure rights of every citizen: PM
- Taramon grateful to PM for all-out assistance
- Today's Big Release: Anushka Sharma's Phillauri
- Unpaid, Bengal cardiologist jumps before train
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- Guys stop doing this!
- Indian MP Launched Petition For Sanitary Pads To Be Tax Free So That Everyone Can Afford Them
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Cabinet approves draft law for planned land uses
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- ‘Beauty’ proves a beast in box-office