Indian student found dead in Chittagong
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:25
Body of an Indian student was recovered from Khulsi area under Akbar Shah Thana of Chittagong early Saturday.
The deceased is Asif Seth, 26, an MBBS student at University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC).
Meanwhile, police rescued another Indian student, Wison, who was hanging from a ceiling fan at the same house.
Four Indian students—Asif, Wison, Neeraj and his wife Josna—used to live in a three-room flat of Yusuf Bhaban, said Akbar Shah police station officer-in-charge M Alamgir.
Asif and Wison used to live in two rooms while another student Neeraj Guru lived with his wife Josna in the other room.
Quoting Neeraj Guru, OC M Alamgir said the three drank liquor and went to their respective rooms. Later around 12:30am, Neeraj found the room of Wison dark and called him and there was no response.
Neeraj then entered Wison’s room with an alternative set of keys where he found Wison hanging from the ceiling fan and Asif bloody on floor.
With the help of neighbours, Neeraj took them to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where physicians declared Asif Seth dead, OC added.
Asif’s body was bearing the marks of sharp weapons, he added.
Police are quizzing Neeraj Guru and his wife Josna in this connection.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Girl dies falling off easy bike
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM