Habiganj Female MP assault: Prime accused held
Published : 06 Dec 2017, 16:10
Detectives arrested two people, including Bahubal upazila vice chairman Tara Miah and also the prime accused in the case over assaulting female MP Amatul Kibria Keya, from the capital on Tuesday night.
A team of Habiganj DB police with help of Dhaka Metropolitan police arrested Tara Miah and his associate Shahed Ali, also a member of Zila Parishad, from Kadamtoli area in Dhaka around 10:00pm, said Superintendent of Habiganj police Shah Alam at a press briefing on Wednesday.
The SP said they were taken to Habiganj from Dhaka last night and will be produced before court today with a 10-day remand petition.
Earlier on November 26, a Habiganj court sent Jasim Uddin, driver of Tara Miah and also an accused in the case, to jail, rejecting his bail petition.
On November 10, a Jubo League leader and his followers allegedly assaulted Amatul Kibria Keya, MP from female reserve seat-28, while she was distributing cheques among the fire victims at Mirpur Bedepalli in Bahubal upazila.
Keya said the attackers also snatched her mobile phone set during the attack.
As she fell sick after the assault, the female MP was taken to MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital in Sylhet.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women