US-Bangla plane crash: Death toll climbs to 51
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 18:45
Two more injured passengers of Monday’s US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu have succumbed to injuries on Tuesday, taking the death toll to 51.
Rastriya Samachar Samiti (RSS) quoting the Home Ministry has reported that 22 Nepalis, 28 Bangladeshis and a Chinese passenger have lost their lives in the accident —the third deadliest aviation accident involving an international carrier in Nepal.
There were 71 passengers and crew on board the ill-fated aircraft when the incident occurred.
Forty-nine people were confirmed dead on Monday when the plane crashed owing to “abnormal” landing at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). The 78-seater US-Bangla Airlines Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft crashed at 2:18pm.
Source: The Kathmandu Post/ thedailystar
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka