US-Bangla plane crash: Death toll climbs to 51
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 18:45
Two more injured passengers of Monday’s US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu have succumbed to injuries on Tuesday, taking the death toll to 51.
Rastriya Samachar Samiti (RSS) quoting the Home Ministry has reported that 22 Nepalis, 28 Bangladeshis and a Chinese passenger have lost their lives in the accident —the third deadliest aviation accident involving an international carrier in Nepal.
There were 71 passengers and crew on board the ill-fated aircraft when the incident occurred.
Forty-nine people were confirmed dead on Monday when the plane crashed owing to “abnormal” landing at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). The 78-seater US-Bangla Airlines Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft crashed at 2:18pm.
Source: The Kathmandu Post/ thedailystar
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women