Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
Published : 15 Mar 2018, 13:57
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangshad Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury at a function here stressed the need for checking early marriage anyhow to protect the children from malnutrition and reduce their mortality rate.
"Social awareness and motivation is very important and essential for substantial and sustainable prevention of early and child marriage and child pregnancy to build a happy and prosperous nation", she said.
Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury came up with the comments while addressing a meeting on "Prevention of early marriage and mother mortality" on the premises of Bharatkhali High School under Shaghata upazila in the district on Wednesday afternoon as the chief guest.
Deputy speaker and local lawmaker Advocate Fazle Rabbi Miah, whip Mahabub Ara Begum Gini and Member of Parliament from Gaibandha-Joypurhat reserved seat Advocate Umme Kulsum Smriti were present the event as special guests.
With deputy commissioner Gautam Chandra Pal in the chair, the ceremony was also addressed, among others, by superintendent of police Mashruqur Rahman Khaled, mayor of Gaibandha Municipality Advocate Shah Masud Zahangir Kabir Milon, Fulchhari upazila chairman Habibur Rahman and general secretary of Shaghata upazila Awami League Abdul Hamid Sarker Babu.
Speaker Dr. Sharmin said the women would lead the nation in future and the women folk would have to be involved in different development activities of the country through turning them into efficient manpower.
The female students should be well equipped with the information and communication technology and their capability in this regard would be enhanced to help build digital Bangladesh by 2021, she also said.
The women were working dedicatedly and playing significant role like the male to push forward the country towards desired development under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, she added.
She urged all to stop the early marriage in the society through raising awareness to the people and emphasized for building social movement about the prevention of the early marriage to continue the development trend of the country.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final