Two Bangladeshi women die in Lebanon fire
Published : 15 May 2018, 14:01
Two expatriate Bangladeshi women died in a fire that broke out in Metn town of Dora, Lebanon on Monday.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear, reports Lebanese newspaper The Daily Star quoting the country’s Civil Defense department.
The fire was extinguished around 7:15 am on Monday, said the Civil Defense authorities in a statement posted to its official Facebook page.
However, the rescue mission was too late to save the two women, it said.
The two victims are Bangladeshi citizens working in Lebanon, reports the newspaper.
Pictures shared online by the Civil Defense show the women’s charred ground-floor bedroom, with a blackened bed frame visible amid the debris.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’