President distributes ‘Shilpakala Padak-2015’
Published : 07 May 2016, 09:49
President Abdul Hamid handed over ‘Shilpakala Padak-2015’ to seven artistes for their contributions to their respective fields at the National Theatre Hall of Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy in the capital city on Thursday.
The recipients are-- Saleha Chowdhury for dance, Nadira Begum for folk culture, Kazi Borhanuddin for drama, Sujeo Shyam for music, Nikhil Sen for recitation, Syed Abul Barak Alvi for fine arts and Mihir Nandi for song.
Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy (BSA) introduced ‘Shilpakala Padak’ in 2013 for honouring artistes for their contributions in theatre, dance, classical music, traditional music, fine arts, Tagore song and film.
Cultural affairs minister Asaduzzaman Noor, Cultural secretary Aktari Momtaz and director general of Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy Liaquat Ali Lucky were present at the programme, reports BSS.
Each award recipients received a cheque of Taka one lakh, certificate and a medal from Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy (BSA).
In his speech, President Abdul Hamid urged all irrespective of party and opinion to continue to play role for spreading the heritage of Bengali culture across the world.
The heritage of folk culture of this part of the world is very old and rich, he said, adding that if this folk culture and heritage are properly preserved and highlighted, it could be invaluable asset for the global culture and civilization.
Appreciating the role and efforts of BSA for preserving and expansion of Bengali culture at home and abroad, President Hamid said BSA has already made a place in the national and international arena by organizing different cultural programmes.
The President recalled the role of artistes in different democratic movements including the Liberation War and said the artiste community has been playing courageous role at the time of need and crisis moments of the nation.
Introduction of ‘Shilpakala Padak’ to honour the noted artistes by the BSA is a new milestone in the forward march of the country's culture and heritage, he added.
Congratulating the ‘Shilpakala Padak-2015’ recipients, President Hamid said you (recipients) have been honoured with the Shilpakala Padak for your contribution to your respective cultural areas. You have reached the honourable position by hard work and practice.
He said and hoped that the Shilpakala Padak would encourage you to make more contribution to your respective fields in future.
- Most viewed
- Interest on agri-loan halved for affected haor farmers: PM
- 'Sumaiya kidnapper gives misleading info'
- Women go for luxury brands for social circle
- 96% women with disability fall prey to violence
- Cosplay with hijabs showcased in Malaysia
- Nurse overcomes own struggle with partial paralysis to provide healthcare
- Trump hails first 100 days in office, says 'battles' ahead
- PM reaches in flood affected Sumanganj
- 30 April Deaths
- 27 April Births
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- 27 April Deaths
- Operation Eagle Hunt resumes, fresh gunshots heard
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill