President distributes ‘Shilpakala Padak-2015’
Published : 07 May 2016, 09:49
President Abdul Hamid handed over ‘Shilpakala Padak-2015’ to seven artistes for their contributions to their respective fields at the National Theatre Hall of Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy in the capital city on Thursday.
The recipients are-- Saleha Chowdhury for dance, Nadira Begum for folk culture, Kazi Borhanuddin for drama, Sujeo Shyam for music, Nikhil Sen for recitation, Syed Abul Barak Alvi for fine arts and Mihir Nandi for song.
Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy (BSA) introduced ‘Shilpakala Padak’ in 2013 for honouring artistes for their contributions in theatre, dance, classical music, traditional music, fine arts, Tagore song and film.
Cultural affairs minister Asaduzzaman Noor, Cultural secretary Aktari Momtaz and director general of Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy Liaquat Ali Lucky were present at the programme, reports BSS.
Each award recipients received a cheque of Taka one lakh, certificate and a medal from Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy (BSA).
In his speech, President Abdul Hamid urged all irrespective of party and opinion to continue to play role for spreading the heritage of Bengali culture across the world.
The heritage of folk culture of this part of the world is very old and rich, he said, adding that if this folk culture and heritage are properly preserved and highlighted, it could be invaluable asset for the global culture and civilization.
Appreciating the role and efforts of BSA for preserving and expansion of Bengali culture at home and abroad, President Hamid said BSA has already made a place in the national and international arena by organizing different cultural programmes.
The President recalled the role of artistes in different democratic movements including the Liberation War and said the artiste community has been playing courageous role at the time of need and crisis moments of the nation.
Introduction of ‘Shilpakala Padak’ to honour the noted artistes by the BSA is a new milestone in the forward march of the country's culture and heritage, he added.
Congratulating the ‘Shilpakala Padak-2015’ recipients, President Hamid said you (recipients) have been honoured with the Shilpakala Padak for your contribution to your respective cultural areas. You have reached the honourable position by hard work and practice.
He said and hoped that the Shilpakala Padak would encourage you to make more contribution to your respective fields in future.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- 16 January Births