Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary observed in Faridpur
Published : 25 May 2016, 16:02
The 400th anniversary of death of great English litterateur, poet and play-right William Shakespeare was observed in the district today in a befitting manner at local Shilpakala academy auditorium.
Faridpur Shahittya Sanskriti Unnayan Sangstha(FSSUS) and Faridpur Shakespeare society jointly organized a comprehensive program this evening to remember the greatest dramatist of all ages and poet who enriched the English literature with his writings.
The program included exhibition of the popular quotations of Shakespeare, discussion meeting and a part of translated play-right of Macbeth. The translated name of the play right was Rakter Gandha. Students of local colleges took part in the play.
Prof. Rezvi Zaman, a teacher of English department of Govt. Rajendra college presented an elaborate discussion on Shakespeare.
The function was chaired by FSSUS president and freedom fighter Abul Faez Shahnawj.
- Most viewed
- Women on trial visit airport where Kim Jong Nam was attacked
- Housewife stabbed dead in Moulvibazar
- Young woman found dead in Chandpur
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ