Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary observed in Faridpur
Published : 25 May 2016, 16:02
The 400th anniversary of death of great English litterateur, poet and play-right William Shakespeare was observed in the district today in a befitting manner at local Shilpakala academy auditorium.
Faridpur Shahittya Sanskriti Unnayan Sangstha(FSSUS) and Faridpur Shakespeare society jointly organized a comprehensive program this evening to remember the greatest dramatist of all ages and poet who enriched the English literature with his writings.
The program included exhibition of the popular quotations of Shakespeare, discussion meeting and a part of translated play-right of Macbeth. The translated name of the play right was Rakter Gandha. Students of local colleges took part in the play.
Prof. Rezvi Zaman, a teacher of English department of Govt. Rajendra college presented an elaborate discussion on Shakespeare.
The function was chaired by FSSUS president and freedom fighter Abul Faez Shahnawj.
- Most viewed
- How sleep disorders could affect women and men differently
- Ariana Grande returns to US following Manchester bombing
- Rab cordons off 2 ‘militant dens’ in C’nawabganj
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Macher Paturi
- Shabana Azmi plays a mom in The Black Prince, a biopic on Punjab’s last king
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM
- Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo dies
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif