Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary observed in Faridpur
Published : 25 May 2016, 16:02
The 400th anniversary of death of great English litterateur, poet and play-right William Shakespeare was observed in the district today in a befitting manner at local Shilpakala academy auditorium.
Faridpur Shahittya Sanskriti Unnayan Sangstha(FSSUS) and Faridpur Shakespeare society jointly organized a comprehensive program this evening to remember the greatest dramatist of all ages and poet who enriched the English literature with his writings.
The program included exhibition of the popular quotations of Shakespeare, discussion meeting and a part of translated play-right of Macbeth. The translated name of the play right was Rakter Gandha. Students of local colleges took part in the play.
Prof. Rezvi Zaman, a teacher of English department of Govt. Rajendra college presented an elaborate discussion on Shakespeare.
The function was chaired by FSSUS president and freedom fighter Abul Faez Shahnawj.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- 16 January Events