Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary observed in Faridpur
Published : 25 May 2016, 16:02
The 400th anniversary of death of great English litterateur, poet and play-right William Shakespeare was observed in the district today in a befitting manner at local Shilpakala academy auditorium.
Faridpur Shahittya Sanskriti Unnayan Sangstha(FSSUS) and Faridpur Shakespeare society jointly organized a comprehensive program this evening to remember the greatest dramatist of all ages and poet who enriched the English literature with his writings.
The program included exhibition of the popular quotations of Shakespeare, discussion meeting and a part of translated play-right of Macbeth. The translated name of the play right was Rakter Gandha. Students of local colleges took part in the play.
Prof. Rezvi Zaman, a teacher of English department of Govt. Rajendra college presented an elaborate discussion on Shakespeare.
The function was chaired by FSSUS president and freedom fighter Abul Faez Shahnawj.
- Most viewed
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- 17 August Deaths
- 17 August Births
- 17 August Events
- Condom use on the rise, but still only a third of men wear them
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Deaths