Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary observed in Faridpur
Published : 25 May 2016, 16:02
The 400th anniversary of death of great English litterateur, poet and play-right William Shakespeare was observed in the district today in a befitting manner at local Shilpakala academy auditorium.
Faridpur Shahittya Sanskriti Unnayan Sangstha(FSSUS) and Faridpur Shakespeare society jointly organized a comprehensive program this evening to remember the greatest dramatist of all ages and poet who enriched the English literature with his writings.
The program included exhibition of the popular quotations of Shakespeare, discussion meeting and a part of translated play-right of Macbeth. The translated name of the play right was Rakter Gandha. Students of local colleges took part in the play.
Prof. Rezvi Zaman, a teacher of English department of Govt. Rajendra college presented an elaborate discussion on Shakespeare.
The function was chaired by FSSUS president and freedom fighter Abul Faez Shahnawj.
- Most viewed
- 'Open Access Bangladesh' begins journey
- Victims to file case against WB: PM
- Pakistan ‘kills 100 militants’ after Sufi shrine blast
- When Kangana Ranaut Wanted To 'Slap' TV Show Host Sugandha Mishra
- Facial exercise to eliminate double chin
- PM arrives in Abu Dhabi on her way to home
- Beware! Belly Fat Can Indicate Heart Risk
- Ctg road crash kills 3 women
- 17 receive Ekushey Padak