'Barsha Festival' celebrated in the city
Published : 16 Jun 2016, 02:51
Welcoming the first day of Monson, Pohela Ashar, Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi organized a 'Barsha Festival' at Nazrul Manch of Bangla Academy on Wednesday.
Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit organised the festival which started around 7am and ended around 10am.
The festival started with the classical song of Priyanka Gop. Then a chorus was performed with the use of local instruments.
Cultural groups Agnibina and Folk Bangla performed their choruses while prominent singers Mahmud Selim, Chhaya Karmakar, Azizur Rahman Tuhin, Anamika Mukti Gomez, among others, also performed in the event.
A recitation program was also held before the dance performances by dance groups Nrittam and Spandon.
A special lyricpoetry performance, titled 'Brishti Pore Tapur Tupur' under the direction of Mahmud Selim was also present in the festival by members of Unichi.
Udichi president Kamal Lohani, educationist Kazi Madina, Prof Nironjon Odhikari and president of Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit Kazi Mohammad Shish were also present at the programme.
Wednesday is the first day of the Bangla month 'Ashar', which also coincide with the beginning of the rainy season.
- Most viewed
- Macher Paturi
- Shabana Azmi plays a mom in The Black Prince, a biopic on Punjab’s last king
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- Raintree owner appears before customs intelligence
- Prime minister performs Umrah
- Unexpected death, unruly protest
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- 23 May Deaths
- 23 May Births
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Hatirjheel-Sonargaon flyover opened
- Sheikh Hasina's homecoming day today
- Jhenidah drive ends, 2 suicide vests defused
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM