'Barsha Festival' celebrated in the city
Published : 16 Jun 2016, 02:51
Welcoming the first day of Monson, Pohela Ashar, Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi organized a 'Barsha Festival' at Nazrul Manch of Bangla Academy on Wednesday.
Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit organised the festival which started around 7am and ended around 10am.
The festival started with the classical song of Priyanka Gop. Then a chorus was performed with the use of local instruments.
Cultural groups Agnibina and Folk Bangla performed their choruses while prominent singers Mahmud Selim, Chhaya Karmakar, Azizur Rahman Tuhin, Anamika Mukti Gomez, among others, also performed in the event.
A recitation program was also held before the dance performances by dance groups Nrittam and Spandon.
A special lyricpoetry performance, titled 'Brishti Pore Tapur Tupur' under the direction of Mahmud Selim was also present in the festival by members of Unichi.
Udichi president Kamal Lohani, educationist Kazi Madina, Prof Nironjon Odhikari and president of Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit Kazi Mohammad Shish were also present at the programme.
Wednesday is the first day of the Bangla month 'Ashar', which also coincide with the beginning of the rainy season.
- Most viewed
- Maria Sharapova's return divides rivals
- Speed up relief operation in haor areas: PM
- Speaker off to Australia to join CPA meeting
- Maximum 2yrs jail for selling banned, tainted fish
- Be summer ready for office
- 1,400 families marooned in Moulvibazar
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic
- May on course for sweeping win: poll
- Mother, daughter at helm of global event
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack