'Barsha Festival' celebrated in the city
Published : 16 Jun 2016, 02:51
Welcoming the first day of Monson, Pohela Ashar, Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi organized a 'Barsha Festival' at Nazrul Manch of Bangla Academy on Wednesday.
Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit organised the festival which started around 7am and ended around 10am.
The festival started with the classical song of Priyanka Gop. Then a chorus was performed with the use of local instruments.
Cultural groups Agnibina and Folk Bangla performed their choruses while prominent singers Mahmud Selim, Chhaya Karmakar, Azizur Rahman Tuhin, Anamika Mukti Gomez, among others, also performed in the event.
A recitation program was also held before the dance performances by dance groups Nrittam and Spandon.
A special lyricpoetry performance, titled 'Brishti Pore Tapur Tupur' under the direction of Mahmud Selim was also present in the festival by members of Unichi.
Udichi president Kamal Lohani, educationist Kazi Madina, Prof Nironjon Odhikari and president of Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit Kazi Mohammad Shish were also present at the programme.
Wednesday is the first day of the Bangla month 'Ashar', which also coincide with the beginning of the rainy season.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'