'Barsha Festival' celebrated in the city
Published : 16 Jun 2016, 02:51
Welcoming the first day of Monson, Pohela Ashar, Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi organized a 'Barsha Festival' at Nazrul Manch of Bangla Academy on Wednesday.
Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit organised the festival which started around 7am and ended around 10am.
The festival started with the classical song of Priyanka Gop. Then a chorus was performed with the use of local instruments.
Cultural groups Agnibina and Folk Bangla performed their choruses while prominent singers Mahmud Selim, Chhaya Karmakar, Azizur Rahman Tuhin, Anamika Mukti Gomez, among others, also performed in the event.
A recitation program was also held before the dance performances by dance groups Nrittam and Spandon.
A special lyricpoetry performance, titled 'Brishti Pore Tapur Tupur' under the direction of Mahmud Selim was also present in the festival by members of Unichi.
Udichi president Kamal Lohani, educationist Kazi Madina, Prof Nironjon Odhikari and president of Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit Kazi Mohammad Shish were also present at the programme.
Wednesday is the first day of the Bangla month 'Ashar', which also coincide with the beginning of the rainy season.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Events