'Barsha Festival' celebrated in the city
Published : 16 Jun 2016, 02:51
Welcoming the first day of Monson, Pohela Ashar, Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi organized a 'Barsha Festival' at Nazrul Manch of Bangla Academy on Wednesday.
Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit organised the festival which started around 7am and ended around 10am.
The festival started with the classical song of Priyanka Gop. Then a chorus was performed with the use of local instruments.
Cultural groups Agnibina and Folk Bangla performed their choruses while prominent singers Mahmud Selim, Chhaya Karmakar, Azizur Rahman Tuhin, Anamika Mukti Gomez, among others, also performed in the event.
A recitation program was also held before the dance performances by dance groups Nrittam and Spandon.
A special lyricpoetry performance, titled 'Brishti Pore Tapur Tupur' under the direction of Mahmud Selim was also present in the festival by members of Unichi.
Udichi president Kamal Lohani, educationist Kazi Madina, Prof Nironjon Odhikari and president of Udichi’s Dhaka metropolitan unit Kazi Mohammad Shish were also present at the programme.
Wednesday is the first day of the Bangla month 'Ashar', which also coincide with the beginning of the rainy season.
- Most viewed
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- 17 August Deaths
- 17 August Births
- 17 August Events
- Condom use on the rise, but still only a third of men wear them
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Deaths