Bijoya Dashomi today
Published : 11 Oct 2016, 13:53
Bijoya Dashomi of the five-day Sarodia Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community, ends today.
Durga Puja will end today with solemn immersion of Goddess Durga in the capital as elsewhere across the country.
The five-day Durga Puja began with the incarnation (Bodhon) of the Goddess Durga at temples on October 7.
The Maha Saptami puja was held on Saturday (October 8), Maha Ashttami, Kumari Puja and Sandhi Puja on Sunday (October 9) and Mahanabami Puja yesterday (October 10).
According to Bangladesh Puja Utjapan Parishad, a total of 29,395 permanent and temporary pandals have been erected across the country including 229 in the capital city this year to celebrate the Durga Puja.
Hindus across the country will celebrate the Bijoya Dashami amid festivity and enthusiasm by visiting their relatives' homes to share sweetmeats when married Hindu women put "sindoor" (vermilion) on each other's forehead on the occasion.
Bangladesh Betar, Bangladesh Television and private TV channels and radio stations will broadcast special programmes while national dailies will publish special supplements highlighting the significance of Bijoya Dashami.
- Most viewed
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Man gets death penalty for killing wife
- Rape accused killed in Cox’s Bazar gunfight
- 5-point proposal could resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- 17 October Deaths
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Jolie, Paltrow were Weinstein’s victim, too
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Why Sunny Leone comes to Bollywood from porn industry?
- 15 October Events
- 15 October Deaths