Bijoya Dashomi today
Published : 11 Oct 2016, 13:53
Bijoya Dashomi of the five-day Sarodia Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community, ends today.
Durga Puja will end today with solemn immersion of Goddess Durga in the capital as elsewhere across the country.
The five-day Durga Puja began with the incarnation (Bodhon) of the Goddess Durga at temples on October 7.
The Maha Saptami puja was held on Saturday (October 8), Maha Ashttami, Kumari Puja and Sandhi Puja on Sunday (October 9) and Mahanabami Puja yesterday (October 10).
According to Bangladesh Puja Utjapan Parishad, a total of 29,395 permanent and temporary pandals have been erected across the country including 229 in the capital city this year to celebrate the Durga Puja.
Hindus across the country will celebrate the Bijoya Dashami amid festivity and enthusiasm by visiting their relatives' homes to share sweetmeats when married Hindu women put "sindoor" (vermilion) on each other's forehead on the occasion.
Bangladesh Betar, Bangladesh Television and private TV channels and radio stations will broadcast special programmes while national dailies will publish special supplements highlighting the significance of Bijoya Dashami.
- Most viewed
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak