Pahela Boishakh preparations in Khulna
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:34
Preparations are afoot to welcome Pahela Boishakh, the Bengali New Year 1424, on April 14 in the city and adjacent districts.
Various socio-cultural organizations, including the district administration, have chalked out an elaborate programme to celebrate the festival by the people from all walks of life.
The law enforcement agencies have taken additional security measures in the city and the districts for celebration of the festival in a cheerful atmosphere.
Police and Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) have taken special measures to maintain law and order during the festivity.
The authorities took a decision to deploy 2500 police personnel and nearly 200 RAB members for uninterrupted celebration of the Pahela Boishakh.
Khulna Metropolitan Police (KMP) will deploy 1500 police personnel at 50 points in the city and set up 16 check posts at different strategic places.
All entry and exit points of the city will be monitored round-the-clock, KMP sources said.
RAB will also deploy over 200 personnel in different strategic areas in Khulna city and district to maintain law and order, RAB sources added.
Shafiqullah, additional superintendent of police of Khulna district, said they will also keep alert over 500 police personnel at important places including upazila headquarters on the occasion.
A 'Mongol Shovajatra' organised by the district administration will be brought out in the city on Pahela Baishakh.
Students of Fine Arts Institute of Khulna University (KU) are now very busy making different Boishakhi instruments ahead of the festival.
- Most viewed
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law
- San Francisco native becomes city's 1st black woman mayor
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- PM sure of AL victory in next election
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held