DU to facilitate in-campus cycling, walking
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 22:38
A new initiative has been taken to turn Dhaka University campus friendly for walking and cycling in order to facilitate better campus environment.
A cycle rally would be held at 4pm tomorrow on the campus to kick start the new initiative which is expected to bring a tangible change in the campus atmosphere, said a DU press release.
Cyclists are requested to join the rally that would start from 'Aparajeo Bangla' and end at Shahbag via Central Shaheed Minar and 'Doel Chattar'.
Vice-Chancellor Professor AAMS Arefin Siddique would formally open the rally co-hosted by a number of non-government organizations and the Dhaka University authorities.
- Most viewed
- Women on trial visit airport where Kim Jong Nam was attacked
- Housewife stabbed dead in Moulvibazar
- Young woman found dead in Chandpur
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ