IU fresh admission test stayed
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:08
The initiative to hold fresh admission tests following the “question leak” that marred the tests held last year was stayed on Monday by a Division bench of High Court.
The bench of Justice Jobayer Rahman Chouddhury and Justice Iqbal Kabir passed the order in response to a petition filed by aggrieved students.
Bangladesh Chhatra League had tipped off the authority of the question leak in ‘F Unit’ of the admission examination held in December last year.
The syndicate of Islamic University in Kushtia decided on March 6 to cancel the previous entry test after allegations of question leak. A fresh test date was slated for March 16.
In the process admission of 100 freshers were cancelled, three teachers and two employees were penalized, and a student expelled after a probe found evidence of leak.
- Most viewed
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- 28 April Births
- 28 April Events
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic