IU fresh admission test stayed
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:08
The initiative to hold fresh admission tests following the “question leak” that marred the tests held last year was stayed on Monday by a Division bench of High Court.
The bench of Justice Jobayer Rahman Chouddhury and Justice Iqbal Kabir passed the order in response to a petition filed by aggrieved students.
Bangladesh Chhatra League had tipped off the authority of the question leak in ‘F Unit’ of the admission examination held in December last year.
The syndicate of Islamic University in Kushtia decided on March 6 to cancel the previous entry test after allegations of question leak. A fresh test date was slated for March 16.
In the process admission of 100 freshers were cancelled, three teachers and two employees were penalized, and a student expelled after a probe found evidence of leak.
- Most viewed
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises