IU fresh admission test stayed
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:08
The initiative to hold fresh admission tests following the “question leak” that marred the tests held last year was stayed on Monday by a Division bench of High Court.
The bench of Justice Jobayer Rahman Chouddhury and Justice Iqbal Kabir passed the order in response to a petition filed by aggrieved students.
Bangladesh Chhatra League had tipped off the authority of the question leak in ‘F Unit’ of the admission examination held in December last year.
The syndicate of Islamic University in Kushtia decided on March 6 to cancel the previous entry test after allegations of question leak. A fresh test date was slated for March 16.
In the process admission of 100 freshers were cancelled, three teachers and two employees were penalized, and a student expelled after a probe found evidence of leak.
- Most viewed
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Kalki Koechlin nude photo shoot is all about loving your nakedness
- Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
- Sixth Australian MP in eligibility trouble
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
- 18 August Deaths
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Events