IU fresh admission test stayed
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:08
The initiative to hold fresh admission tests following the “question leak” that marred the tests held last year was stayed on Monday by a Division bench of High Court.
The bench of Justice Jobayer Rahman Chouddhury and Justice Iqbal Kabir passed the order in response to a petition filed by aggrieved students.
Bangladesh Chhatra League had tipped off the authority of the question leak in ‘F Unit’ of the admission examination held in December last year.
The syndicate of Islamic University in Kushtia decided on March 6 to cancel the previous entry test after allegations of question leak. A fresh test date was slated for March 16.
In the process admission of 100 freshers were cancelled, three teachers and two employees were penalized, and a student expelled after a probe found evidence of leak.
- Most viewed
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Settle rule on Marma sisters in 6 weeks: SC
- 22 February Deaths
- 22 February Births
- 22 February Events
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak