Hridi crowned Channel i Shera Nachiye
Published : 15 May 2016, 15:46
Reality show Channel i Shera Nachiye crowned a winner for this year's competition, in a grand finale held on Friday at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre.
Farzana Hridi Sheikh, a contestant from Dhaka, was named champion, taking home a brand new car and a diamond crown. Sinthia Yasmin Nupur and Umme Habiba Shobha were named first and second runner-up respectively. The winners received film, television play and telefilm contracts along with prize money. Another contestant, Suraiya Islam Ria, received a dance scholarship.
Two of the judges of the show, Meher Afroze Shaon and Ferdous, both performed at the gala, as did film stars Purnima and Mim. The other judge, Munmun Ahmed, could not attend as she is out of the country. A number of other musical and dance performances entertained the audience.
Around 45,000 contestants from across the country participated in the competition, from which best seven made it to the grand finale.
- Most viewed
- Plants that will help you sleep at night
- Chinese Chicken Pakora
- Investigation report deferred
- Merkel warns US, Britain no longer reliable partners
- Jamalpur woman starts her own business from scratch after husband leaves her
- JS budget session begins tomorrow
- At least four dead in Honduras football stadium stampede
- Hasina off to Vienna to attend IAEA conference
- Signal 7 at maritime ports as Cyclone Mora nears
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Indian acid-attack bride finds love from a wrong number
- 27 May Births
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert