Hridi crowned Channel i Shera Nachiye
Published : 15 May 2016, 15:46
Reality show Channel i Shera Nachiye crowned a winner for this year's competition, in a grand finale held on Friday at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre.
Farzana Hridi Sheikh, a contestant from Dhaka, was named champion, taking home a brand new car and a diamond crown. Sinthia Yasmin Nupur and Umme Habiba Shobha were named first and second runner-up respectively. The winners received film, television play and telefilm contracts along with prize money. Another contestant, Suraiya Islam Ria, received a dance scholarship.
Two of the judges of the show, Meher Afroze Shaon and Ferdous, both performed at the gala, as did film stars Purnima and Mim. The other judge, Munmun Ahmed, could not attend as she is out of the country. A number of other musical and dance performances entertained the audience.
Around 45,000 contestants from across the country participated in the competition, from which best seven made it to the grand finale.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge