Zahid Hasan and Purnima reunited onscreen
Published : 25 Aug 2016, 15:51
Notable actors Zahid Hasan and Purnima became household favorites after their performances in TV play “Lal Neel Beguni,” which ran for 350 episodes. Directed by Zahid Hasan himself, he played a character named Ratul whereas Purnima appeared as Athoi.
However the two had not been seen together for 10 years after the series ended. All that will change. The artistes are now cast in a single-episode TV play titled “Priyo Rong Holud.” Scripted and directed by Imraul Rafat, the TV play is set to be released for Eid-ul-Azha.
Asked about being reunited onscreen with Purnima, Zahid Hasan said, “I found the experience extremely enjoyable. It has been 10 long years!” His co-star Purnima shared, “Aside from our professional relationship, we are like family. Working together for such a long time in 'Lal Neel Beguni' strengthened our bond and it feels wonderful to be working with him again.”
Playing the role of a married couple, shooting is underway in Dhaka's Moghbazaar. “The audience will enjoy our on screen banter and fights,” added Purnima.
- Most viewed
- 13 people killed in suicide truck bomb in south of Iraq's Baghdad
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal