Deepika to launch 'Bigg Boss 10'
Published : 13 Oct 2016, 21:03
Deepika Padukone will be joining superstar Salman Khan to launch the tenth season of controversial reality TV show “Bigg Boss”. The actress says she will be getting “Hollywood’s action and thrill” to the launch event.
There were rumours that Deepika, who will be making her Hollywood debut with “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage”, will be the first celebrity guest of the show when she was spotted shooting with Salman recently.
But the news was confirmed by Raj Nayak, CEO of Colors channel, which beams “Bigg Boss”.
Nayak tweeted: “The excitement begins. Look who is coming to Bigg Boss for the launch. 16th October 9 PM - Book your seats Now! xxxMovie Deepika Padukone.”
He also shared a video in which Deepika is seen telling the audience to brace themselves for a thrilling ride with the upcoming season of the show.
In the clip, the “Piku” star is saying: “In this tussle between the people of India and celebrities, I will be getting the thrill and action of Hollywood.”
The reality show, an Indian version of international series “Celebrity Big Brother”, features celebrities locked inside a house for three months under constant camera surveillance, without any gadgets or luxury.
This time the spotlight is on the common man. For the first time, the controversial reality show will open its doors to the common people to appear as contestants along with the stars.
After months of auditions and scrutiny, 13 names have been shortlisted, of which eight will be entering the house. The format details for the new season are yet to be revealed.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina