Naomie Harris: ‘Daniel Craig could be back as Bond’
Published : 26 Feb 2017, 16:49
Oscar-nominated actress Naomie Harris has said there's a "very good chance" Daniel Craig will return as 007, after speculation he may leave the role.
The 40-year-old Moonlight star was speaking after she was awarded an OBE by the Queen at Buckingham Palace. "I really don't think that they've moved on from Daniel," she said.
"I think there's a very good chance that Daniel will come back. I think it's way too early to be thinking about other people at this stage." Harris, who received her OBE for services to drama, added: "I think the fact that the last two Bonds - Spectre and Skyfall - have been the highest-grossing Bond movies of all time shows that people love him as Bond, and they desperately want him to return.
"And I don't think Daniel is immune to that... I think he's very aware, so I think that adds an extra level of pressure. But he has to ultimately do what feels right to him.
"But I know that we, as a cast, collectively want him back. I know that Barbara and Michael - our producers - desperately want him back, so I think the only person that needs persuading is Daniel."
She said collecting her award from the Queen was "lovely", adding that Her Majesty asked her what she was working on at the moment. In an earlier interview, Harris said that her OBE sent out "a very powerful statement" to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Harris was raised by a single parent in a north London council flat.
"As a black actress from the background I came from... I think it's incredibly important," she told the BBC.
"I'm absolutely thrilled to have my work recognised in this way."
Harris, who is up for a best supporting actress Oscar for playing a drug-addicted mother in Moonlight, was previously seen as Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
She is also known for playing Miss Moneypenny in the last two James Bond films.
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid