Liberation War songs at Joy Bangla Concert on March 7
Published : 04 Mar 2017, 15:52
In the turbulent days of 1971, Sujeo Shyam and his fellow musicians created songs for Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra to give the morale of freedom fighters a boost and keep the hope for an independent Bangladesh alive.
Forty six years after, five of such songs, rarely rendered since 1971, will be presented before an audience of this new generation at this edition Joy Bangla concert to be held at the Army Stadium.
With a call to roar like March 7, 1971, favourite bands of youths will offer the rendition during their turn. In addition to this, each will perform their own renditions of songs related to our independence.
Popular bands--- Warfaze, Chircut, Arbovirus, Lalon, Cryptic Fate, Nemesis, Shironamhin and Shunno--- will perform at the concert.
To transcend the limit of entertainment, four inspiring Audio Visuals (AVs), --- Pride, Courage, Inspiration and Trust---- on mentioned themes will be screened.
Contents for all the AVs are compiled from moments of the historic March 7 speech by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Moreover, another key attraction of this edition is the screening of the colorised version of March 7 speech - a transformation from black and white into colour.
Free registration for tickets began on February 27 and interested persons are requested to visit the website: ticket.youngbangla.org
Like last two years, renowned musicians will open the show by conducting a grand orchestra playing our National Anthem.
Country's youth platform Young Bangla, under the auspices of Center for Research and Information (CRI), is organizing this music extravengza to inspire the youth of today through the words of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7 March speech.
"The concert seeks to imbue the youths of the country with that timeless message using the universal medium of music, culture and arts", said Sabbir Bin Shams, Executive Director of CRI.
The concert will be staged between 4.30pm and 10pm on March 7 while gates of the venue will remain open from 2pm for entrance of audience.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry