Joy Bangla Concert begins at Army Stadium (Live)
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 18:07
Young Bangla, a youth organization, is set to stage a musical event styled "Joy Bangla Concert" today to inspire the youths through the words of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech.
The event will begin at 4.30pm and it will continue 10pm at Army Stadium while gates of the venue will remain open from 2pm for entrance of audience.
Under the auspices of Center for Research and Information (CRI), the concert will contain inspirational Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra songs.
"The concert seeks to imbue the youths of the country with spirit of Liberation War by using the universal medium of music, culture and arts", said Sabbir Bin Shams, Executive Director of CRI.
In the turbulent days of 1971, Sujeo Shyam and his fellow musicians created songs for Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra to give the morale of freedom fighters a boost and keep the hope for an independent Bangladesh alive.
Forty six years after, five of such songs, rarely rendered since 1971, will be presented before an audience of this new generation this year's Joy Bangla concert.
With a call to echo the March 7 historic speech of Bangabandhu, leading musical bands will present the essence and spirit of the liberation war through their performance.
Popular bands Warfaze, Chircut, Arbovirus, Lalon, Cryptic Fate, Nemesis, Shironamhin and Shunno bwill perform at the concert.
To transcend the limit of entertainment, four inspiring Audio Visuals (AVs), Pride, Courage, Inspiration and Trust on mentioned themes will be screened.
Contents for all the AVs are compiled from moments of the historic March 7 speech by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Moreover, another key attraction of this edition is the screening of the colorised version of March 7 speech - a transformation from black and white into colour.
Like last two years, renowned musicians will open the show by conducting a grand orchestra playing our National Anthem.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android