Joy Bangla Concert begins at Army Stadium (Live)
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 18:07
Young Bangla, a youth organization, is set to stage a musical event styled "Joy Bangla Concert" today to inspire the youths through the words of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech.
The event will begin at 4.30pm and it will continue 10pm at Army Stadium while gates of the venue will remain open from 2pm for entrance of audience.
Under the auspices of Center for Research and Information (CRI), the concert will contain inspirational Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra songs.
"The concert seeks to imbue the youths of the country with spirit of Liberation War by using the universal medium of music, culture and arts", said Sabbir Bin Shams, Executive Director of CRI.
In the turbulent days of 1971, Sujeo Shyam and his fellow musicians created songs for Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra to give the morale of freedom fighters a boost and keep the hope for an independent Bangladesh alive.
Forty six years after, five of such songs, rarely rendered since 1971, will be presented before an audience of this new generation this year's Joy Bangla concert.
With a call to echo the March 7 historic speech of Bangabandhu, leading musical bands will present the essence and spirit of the liberation war through their performance.
Popular bands Warfaze, Chircut, Arbovirus, Lalon, Cryptic Fate, Nemesis, Shironamhin and Shunno bwill perform at the concert.
To transcend the limit of entertainment, four inspiring Audio Visuals (AVs), Pride, Courage, Inspiration and Trust on mentioned themes will be screened.
Contents for all the AVs are compiled from moments of the historic March 7 speech by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Moreover, another key attraction of this edition is the screening of the colorised version of March 7 speech - a transformation from black and white into colour.
Like last two years, renowned musicians will open the show by conducting a grand orchestra playing our National Anthem.
- Most viewed
- Schoolgirl injured in stalker attack
- Woman with 60kg leg at Dhaka medical
- Housewife beaten dead, husband held
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom