Joy Bangla Concert begins at Army Stadium (Live)
Published : 07 Mar 2017, 18:07
Young Bangla, a youth organization, is set to stage a musical event styled "Joy Bangla Concert" today to inspire the youths through the words of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech.
The event will begin at 4.30pm and it will continue 10pm at Army Stadium while gates of the venue will remain open from 2pm for entrance of audience.
Under the auspices of Center for Research and Information (CRI), the concert will contain inspirational Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra songs.
"The concert seeks to imbue the youths of the country with spirit of Liberation War by using the universal medium of music, culture and arts", said Sabbir Bin Shams, Executive Director of CRI.
In the turbulent days of 1971, Sujeo Shyam and his fellow musicians created songs for Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra to give the morale of freedom fighters a boost and keep the hope for an independent Bangladesh alive.
Forty six years after, five of such songs, rarely rendered since 1971, will be presented before an audience of this new generation this year's Joy Bangla concert.
With a call to echo the March 7 historic speech of Bangabandhu, leading musical bands will present the essence and spirit of the liberation war through their performance.
Popular bands Warfaze, Chircut, Arbovirus, Lalon, Cryptic Fate, Nemesis, Shironamhin and Shunno bwill perform at the concert.
To transcend the limit of entertainment, four inspiring Audio Visuals (AVs), Pride, Courage, Inspiration and Trust on mentioned themes will be screened.
Contents for all the AVs are compiled from moments of the historic March 7 speech by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Moreover, another key attraction of this edition is the screening of the colorised version of March 7 speech - a transformation from black and white into colour.
Like last two years, renowned musicians will open the show by conducting a grand orchestra playing our National Anthem.
- Most viewed
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
- Decision on internet price reduction in next six months: Tarana
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- Uber 'flying car' by 2020!
- President, PM recall contribution of Sher-e-Bangla
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
- Bangladeshi woman arrested in Hong Kong raids
- WB to give $6 billion credit to Bangladesh
- 26 April Deaths