No make-up allowed on the set of 'Begum Jaan'
Published : 01 Apr 2017, 14:58
National award-winning director Srjit Mukherji, who makes his Bollywood debut with 'Begum Jaan', the Hindi adaptation of his Bengali film 'Rajkahini', is known for being extremely thorough with his research. While shooting the Vidya Balan-starrer, he decided to keep the look of the characters real. And for that, the cast was advised to use minimal make-up.
However, some of the girls would cheat and turn up on the set with an evidently caked-up face. Srijit, being the taskmaster that he is, would notice it instantly, and check everyone's make-up before shooting. Srijit recalls, "It became a ritual for a few days. I was like a school teacher who would check make-up and nails. I used to sit with wet tissues and wipe off all the extra make-up. Since the story is set in a different world, I didn't want them to have heavy make-up and manicured nails."
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry