No make-up allowed on the set of 'Begum Jaan'
Published : 01 Apr 2017, 14:58
National award-winning director Srjit Mukherji, who makes his Bollywood debut with 'Begum Jaan', the Hindi adaptation of his Bengali film 'Rajkahini', is known for being extremely thorough with his research. While shooting the Vidya Balan-starrer, he decided to keep the look of the characters real. And for that, the cast was advised to use minimal make-up.
However, some of the girls would cheat and turn up on the set with an evidently caked-up face. Srijit, being the taskmaster that he is, would notice it instantly, and check everyone's make-up before shooting. Srijit recalls, "It became a ritual for a few days. I was like a school teacher who would check make-up and nails. I used to sit with wet tissues and wipe off all the extra make-up. Since the story is set in a different world, I didn't want them to have heavy make-up and manicured nails."
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)