No make-up allowed on the set of 'Begum Jaan'
Published : 01 Apr 2017, 14:58
National award-winning director Srjit Mukherji, who makes his Bollywood debut with 'Begum Jaan', the Hindi adaptation of his Bengali film 'Rajkahini', is known for being extremely thorough with his research. While shooting the Vidya Balan-starrer, he decided to keep the look of the characters real. And for that, the cast was advised to use minimal make-up.
However, some of the girls would cheat and turn up on the set with an evidently caked-up face. Srijit, being the taskmaster that he is, would notice it instantly, and check everyone's make-up before shooting. Srijit recalls, "It became a ritual for a few days. I was like a school teacher who would check make-up and nails. I used to sit with wet tissues and wipe off all the extra make-up. Since the story is set in a different world, I didn't want them to have heavy make-up and manicured nails."
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'