No make-up allowed on the set of 'Begum Jaan'
Published : 01 Apr 2017, 14:58
National award-winning director Srjit Mukherji, who makes his Bollywood debut with 'Begum Jaan', the Hindi adaptation of his Bengali film 'Rajkahini', is known for being extremely thorough with his research. While shooting the Vidya Balan-starrer, he decided to keep the look of the characters real. And for that, the cast was advised to use minimal make-up.
However, some of the girls would cheat and turn up on the set with an evidently caked-up face. Srijit, being the taskmaster that he is, would notice it instantly, and check everyone's make-up before shooting. Srijit recalls, "It became a ritual for a few days. I was like a school teacher who would check make-up and nails. I used to sit with wet tissues and wipe off all the extra make-up. Since the story is set in a different world, I didn't want them to have heavy make-up and manicured nails."
- Most viewed
- Concerted efforts needed for haor areas
- NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope Plan Takes a Pause
- Regular Walking Can Help Keep the Brain Sharp in Elderly
- Recipe of Nihari Gosht
- Should I choose family over my boyfriend?
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic