Misha new president of Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti
Published : 06 May 2017, 12:09
Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan panel won the biennial election of Bangladesh Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti.
Film actor Misha Saudagar has been elected president while Zayed Khan elected general secretary of the artistes' association, said director Mantajur Rahman Akbar, who acted as the chairman of the election commission.
Nadir Khan and Riaz have been elected as vice-presidents, he added.
The election of the artistes' association was held at the Bangladesh Film Development Corporation (BFDC) in Dhaka yesterday.
Some 57 candidates vied for 21 posts, including that of president and general secretary, from three panels - Omar Sunny-Amit Hasan, Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan and Danny Sidak-Elias Kobra - in the polls.
Some independent contestants also took part in the election.
The last election of the artistes' association was held on January 30, 2015 when Shakib Khan was elected president and Amit Hasan general secretary.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths