Misha new president of Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti
Published : 06 May 2017, 12:09
Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan panel won the biennial election of Bangladesh Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti.
Film actor Misha Saudagar has been elected president while Zayed Khan elected general secretary of the artistes' association, said director Mantajur Rahman Akbar, who acted as the chairman of the election commission.
Nadir Khan and Riaz have been elected as vice-presidents, he added.
The election of the artistes' association was held at the Bangladesh Film Development Corporation (BFDC) in Dhaka yesterday.
Some 57 candidates vied for 21 posts, including that of president and general secretary, from three panels - Omar Sunny-Amit Hasan, Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan and Danny Sidak-Elias Kobra - in the polls.
Some independent contestants also took part in the election.
The last election of the artistes' association was held on January 30, 2015 when Shakib Khan was elected president and Amit Hasan general secretary.
- Most viewed
- Women on trial visit airport where Kim Jong Nam was attacked
- Housewife stabbed dead in Moulvibazar
- Young woman found dead in Chandpur
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ