Misha new president of Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti
Published : 06 May 2017, 12:09
Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan panel won the biennial election of Bangladesh Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti.
Film actor Misha Saudagar has been elected president while Zayed Khan elected general secretary of the artistes' association, said director Mantajur Rahman Akbar, who acted as the chairman of the election commission.
Nadir Khan and Riaz have been elected as vice-presidents, he added.
The election of the artistes' association was held at the Bangladesh Film Development Corporation (BFDC) in Dhaka yesterday.
Some 57 candidates vied for 21 posts, including that of president and general secretary, from three panels - Omar Sunny-Amit Hasan, Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan and Danny Sidak-Elias Kobra - in the polls.
Some independent contestants also took part in the election.
The last election of the artistes' association was held on January 30, 2015 when Shakib Khan was elected president and Amit Hasan general secretary.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service