Misha new president of Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti
Published : 06 May 2017, 12:09
Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan panel won the biennial election of Bangladesh Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti.
Film actor Misha Saudagar has been elected president while Zayed Khan elected general secretary of the artistes' association, said director Mantajur Rahman Akbar, who acted as the chairman of the election commission.
Nadir Khan and Riaz have been elected as vice-presidents, he added.
The election of the artistes' association was held at the Bangladesh Film Development Corporation (BFDC) in Dhaka yesterday.
Some 57 candidates vied for 21 posts, including that of president and general secretary, from three panels - Omar Sunny-Amit Hasan, Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan and Danny Sidak-Elias Kobra - in the polls.
Some independent contestants also took part in the election.
The last election of the artistes' association was held on January 30, 2015 when Shakib Khan was elected president and Amit Hasan general secretary.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry