Misha new president of Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti
Published : 06 May 2017, 12:09
Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan panel won the biennial election of Bangladesh Cholochitro Shilpi Samiti.
Film actor Misha Saudagar has been elected president while Zayed Khan elected general secretary of the artistes' association, said director Mantajur Rahman Akbar, who acted as the chairman of the election commission.
Nadir Khan and Riaz have been elected as vice-presidents, he added.
The election of the artistes' association was held at the Bangladesh Film Development Corporation (BFDC) in Dhaka yesterday.
Some 57 candidates vied for 21 posts, including that of president and general secretary, from three panels - Omar Sunny-Amit Hasan, Misha Saudagar-Zayed Khan and Danny Sidak-Elias Kobra - in the polls.
Some independent contestants also took part in the election.
The last election of the artistes' association was held on January 30, 2015 when Shakib Khan was elected president and Amit Hasan general secretary.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia