Now, Priyanka turns Hollywood producer
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 16:27
Her diary may be packed to the brim, but Priyanka Chopra somehow finds ways to squeeze in more work. The Bollywood actor forayed into Hollywood with Quantico two years back, went on to do a Hollywood film, Baywatch, and even produced Indian regional films.
As a result, PeeCee has been expertly juggling places and work commitments for a while. Now, the actor, who is prepping for the third season of Quantico and is shooting for her next Hollywood film, is set to add another feather in her cap with a Hollywood project she will produce by the end of the year.
Her mum and business partner, Madhu Chopra, said, "When Priyanka set up her own banner, the idea was to provide privilege to those who don't have the edge. We have three vernacular productions releasing this year. Though Priyanka Chopra would have wanted to produce a Bollywood film first, she would kick-start her Hollywood production by the end of the year."
Chopra Sr adds that the actor wants empowering stories about strong women and people of colour to make the right noise in the West. "Right now, their political climate is such that there is more scope for such stories.
It's the right time to take the plunge. I sometimes wonder when she sleeps. When I go to sleep, she is working, when I am working, she is still working. She keeps tabs on the India office and regularly takes updates on each production."
Asked if they have zeroed in on a script for the Hollywood production and Chopra says, "Priyanka has shortlisted a few stories. Her work process is thorough. She works and reworks the drafts till she is fully satisfied. She has recommended a few plot changes."
Chopra says PeeCee has a financial strategy in place for the project. "She is sharp with business. The budget has to be under control and the story has to credible. I trust Priyanka to make the right decisions."
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina