Milan kidnap case model returns to UK
Published : 07 Aug 2017, 17:29
A British model who was allegedly kidnapped in Milan and held captive for six days has returned to the UK.
The 20-year-old woman, named in reports as Chloe Ayling, had travelled to the city to attend a photo shoot.
Italian police said she was attacked by two men on arrival on 11 July and drugged and abducted, apparently to be sold in an online auction.
The officers said they had arrested Polish national Lukasz Herba, who lives in the UK, on kidnapping charges.
Ayling said she feared for her life throughout the "terrifying experience", according to the Telegraph.
Italian police said the model was drugged with ketamine before being locked in a bag and transported in a car to a house in Borgial, north-west of Turin.
She was handcuffed to a wooden chest of drawers in a bedroom for six days until she was released taken to the British consulate in Milan, they added.
It is alleged the kidnappers attempted to sell the model online for £230,000 ($300,000) and demanded her agent pay a ransom fee.
Investigations into the case are being carried out by authorities in Italy, Poland and the UK.
A spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said an address in Sampson Close, Oldbury, had been raided on 18 July in connection with the inquiry.
A National Crime Agency (NCA) spokesman said: "The NCA and the East Midlands Special Operations Unit have been providing support to the Italian authorities during this investigation."
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka