No bar to screen ‘Doob’
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 14:22
Mostofa Sarwar Farooki’s much-talked-about film ‘Doob’, an India-Bangladesh co-production, has received no objection certificate (NOC) from the Bangladesh Film Censor Board (BFCB).
Iftekhar Uddin Nowshad, one of the members of the board, said, “Now there is no restriction in the screening of the film.”
Nowshad came up with the remark on Wednesday adding that the release date will be announced soon.
Information ministry halted the film’s NOC on 16 February 2017 after noted writer Humayun Ahmed’s wife Meher Afroz Shaon had sought the government’s attention saying that a part of the film resembles a period of her deceased husband’s life.
The film was written and directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki while it was produced by Himanshu Dhanuka, Abdul Aziz and Irrfan Khan under the banner of Eskay Movies and Jaaz Multimedia along with Irrfan Khan Films.
Bollywood Actor Irrfan Khan will be seen to share screen with noted Bangladeshi actress Nusrat Imrose Tisha while Rokeya Prachy and Parno Mittra later joined the film in a supporting role.
The film got recognition from different platforms in many countries.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka