No bar to screen ‘Doob’
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 14:22
Mostofa Sarwar Farooki’s much-talked-about film ‘Doob’, an India-Bangladesh co-production, has received no objection certificate (NOC) from the Bangladesh Film Censor Board (BFCB).
Iftekhar Uddin Nowshad, one of the members of the board, said, “Now there is no restriction in the screening of the film.”
Nowshad came up with the remark on Wednesday adding that the release date will be announced soon.
Information ministry halted the film’s NOC on 16 February 2017 after noted writer Humayun Ahmed’s wife Meher Afroz Shaon had sought the government’s attention saying that a part of the film resembles a period of her deceased husband’s life.
The film was written and directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki while it was produced by Himanshu Dhanuka, Abdul Aziz and Irrfan Khan under the banner of Eskay Movies and Jaaz Multimedia along with Irrfan Khan Films.
Bollywood Actor Irrfan Khan will be seen to share screen with noted Bangladeshi actress Nusrat Imrose Tisha while Rokeya Prachy and Parno Mittra later joined the film in a supporting role.
The film got recognition from different platforms in many countries.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit