No bar to screen ‘Doob’
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 14:22
Mostofa Sarwar Farooki’s much-talked-about film ‘Doob’, an India-Bangladesh co-production, has received no objection certificate (NOC) from the Bangladesh Film Censor Board (BFCB).
Iftekhar Uddin Nowshad, one of the members of the board, said, “Now there is no restriction in the screening of the film.”
Nowshad came up with the remark on Wednesday adding that the release date will be announced soon.
Information ministry halted the film’s NOC on 16 February 2017 after noted writer Humayun Ahmed’s wife Meher Afroz Shaon had sought the government’s attention saying that a part of the film resembles a period of her deceased husband’s life.
The film was written and directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki while it was produced by Himanshu Dhanuka, Abdul Aziz and Irrfan Khan under the banner of Eskay Movies and Jaaz Multimedia along with Irrfan Khan Films.
Bollywood Actor Irrfan Khan will be seen to share screen with noted Bangladeshi actress Nusrat Imrose Tisha while Rokeya Prachy and Parno Mittra later joined the film in a supporting role.
The film got recognition from different platforms in many countries.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom