Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
Published : 22 Aug 2017, 17:56
She started her career as a model and actor Kriti Sanon says the backstage madness and walking the runway gave her the confidence to face the camera.
The 27-year-old actor, who was the showstopper for designer Arpita Mehta on the final day of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2017, says she always dreamt of becoming a celebrity showstopper.
“It has been a great journey from being model to a celebrity showstopper. It is nice to come back to the ramp and meet a lot of my friends. The backstage madness and the adrenaline rush is still the same.
“When I was modelling, I always knew I wanted to be an actor. Modelling groomed me for acting and gave me a lot of confidence. I always used to dream about being a celebrity showstopper,” Kriti told PTI.
Arpita’s collection titled “Midnight Muse” was a sensuous line crafted in silk, chiffon, Tabi silk and georgette moulded into feminine silhouettes.
Embellishments were the highlight on the garments, as an assortment of thread work, 3D appliques, along with sequins dazzled on the creations.
- Most viewed
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Trump blasts Oprah
- 20 February Deaths
- 20 February Births
- 20 February Events
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife