Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
Published : 21 Sep 2017, 15:56
Actor Priyanka Chopra recently met Nobel Laureate Malala Yousufzai and the actor is in awe of her.
Priyanka, who is the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF, shared a picture with Yousufzai on Instagram and hailed her for her efforts in empowering and inspiring young girls. “I could write a novel about how smart, incredible, inspiring, encouraging and funny this young woman is... But I will keep it brief. Malala, you are an undeniable force to be reckoned with. The world knows that. You are a role model to all the girls and boys that want to make this world a better place for the future,” Priyanka wrote along side the picture.
“Spending a few hours with you and your incredible father Mr Yousafzai ( who reminds me so much of my father) , I realised you’re also just a young girl with young dreams. Your jokes, your love for Hindi Films, your infectious laughter will always remind me of what a huge responsibility you have taken on at such a tender age... I’m so proud to know you my friend. You inspire women like me all over the world. Can’t wait to speak to you in our secret Hindi/Urdu again,” Priyanka further wrote, giving her fans an insight into her meeting with the young activist.
Yousafzai, who joined Twitter recently, posted a photo with the actor writing, “Can’t believe I met Priyanka Chopra”.
The 35-year-old actor was quick to reply, tweeting, “Oh Malala no words will be enough...I can’t believe I..met..U!! (sic) You’re just a young girl with so much heart..and such achievements.so proud.”
Priyanka is currently in UN where she recently addressed the global leaders and urged everyone to educate and create opportunities for young girls and children.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol