Singer Mila getting a divorce after domestic abuse
Published : 07 Oct 2017, 15:58
After suing her husband for abuse, popular pop singer Mila says she will now file for a divorce.
In a Facebook status published early today, Tasbiha Binte Shahid Mila, commonly known as Mila Islam, made the announcement and said that her husband cheated on her.
Her husband, Parvez Sanjari, pilot of a privately-run domestic airline company and currently in jail over the abuse, said to have broken her arm on October 1 while torture.
“Yes, I am getting a divorce,” Mila said in her opening sentence of a long Facebook status, where she complained that her husband cheated behind her back.
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- SSC results likely on 6 May
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh