‘Dhaka Attack’ rules box office
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 18:18
The much-talked-about action thriller film, ‘Dhaka Attack’ has made huge audiences in droves to cinemas and is ruling the box office since its release.
Dipankar Dipon's big-budget police thriller has earned more than Tk 7.5 crore in two days of release and that is counting.
Box Office of Bangladesh (BOB) revealed the information on its website about the film directed by Dipankar Sengupta.
‘Dhaka Attack’ was released on 6 October in 125 local movie houses and it is set to be released in three languages on 20 October worldwide.
According to the distributors, the film earned Tk 4.60 crore from the ticket sales on the first day, including advanced booking. However, the BOB put the figure at Tk 4.3 crore.
Its 2nd day’s gross earning was Tk 2.9 crore.
It also received a high advanced booking for the third day, BOB added.
The total budget of the film was estimated at Tk 5 crore.
According to the BOB, ‘Dhaka Attack’ is the biggest non-holiday opening for a Bangladeshi film, the biggest morning shows collection on 2017 and the biggest opening for a Bangladeshi film (non- joint production).
The film is also the second biggest opening of 2017 after Nabab.
Arefin Shuvo, Mahiya Mahi and ABM Sumon played the lead roles while it was produced and distributed by Three Wheelers Films and Splash Multimedia Limited.
Official sources said audience will enjoy the sequel of ‘Dhaka Attack: Extreme’ in 2019.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self