‘Dhaka Attack’ rules box office
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 18:18
The much-talked-about action thriller film, ‘Dhaka Attack’ has made huge audiences in droves to cinemas and is ruling the box office since its release.
Dipankar Dipon's big-budget police thriller has earned more than Tk 7.5 crore in two days of release and that is counting.
Box Office of Bangladesh (BOB) revealed the information on its website about the film directed by Dipankar Sengupta.
‘Dhaka Attack’ was released on 6 October in 125 local movie houses and it is set to be released in three languages on 20 October worldwide.
According to the distributors, the film earned Tk 4.60 crore from the ticket sales on the first day, including advanced booking. However, the BOB put the figure at Tk 4.3 crore.
Its 2nd day’s gross earning was Tk 2.9 crore.
It also received a high advanced booking for the third day, BOB added.
The total budget of the film was estimated at Tk 5 crore.
According to the BOB, ‘Dhaka Attack’ is the biggest non-holiday opening for a Bangladeshi film, the biggest morning shows collection on 2017 and the biggest opening for a Bangladeshi film (non- joint production).
The film is also the second biggest opening of 2017 after Nabab.
Arefin Shuvo, Mahiya Mahi and ABM Sumon played the lead roles while it was produced and distributed by Three Wheelers Films and Splash Multimedia Limited.
Official sources said audience will enjoy the sequel of ‘Dhaka Attack: Extreme’ in 2019.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry