Honeypreet’s mother slaps defamation notice on Rakhi Sawant
Published : 05 Jan 2018, 17:27
Honeypreet Insan’s mother Asha Taneja has sent a Rs 5 crore defamation notice to actress Rakhi Sawant.
Honeypreet calls herself ‘adopted daughter’ of self-styled godman Gurmeet Ram Rahim, who was in August this year found guilty of rape.
Sawant is set to play Honeypreet’s character in a movie based on Gurmeet and has threatened to ‘expose’ both of them in the film.
After Honeypreet’s arrest in October, Sawant said she’s known Gurmeet’s ‘daughter’ for some years now, says the Times of India.
‘Yes, I'm playing Honeypreet as I have known her for seven to eight years. I know everything about her...Now that she is arrested, I will change ending of the movie from Honeypreet getting murdered by Gurmeet to her getting arrested,’ she said.
Sawant had also alleged in October this year that Gurmeet, whom she met on several occasions, was sexually interested in her.
‘Baba wanted me but Honeypreet warned him to not get involved with me as I could spell trouble for him in future. She was uncomfortable of my proximity with him,’ revealed Sawant.
Gurmeet was sentenced to 20 years in jail for raping two women and is currently lodged in Rohtak jail.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge