Honeypreet’s mother slaps defamation notice on Rakhi Sawant
Published : 05 Jan 2018, 17:27
Honeypreet Insan’s mother Asha Taneja has sent a Rs 5 crore defamation notice to actress Rakhi Sawant.
Honeypreet calls herself ‘adopted daughter’ of self-styled godman Gurmeet Ram Rahim, who was in August this year found guilty of rape.
Sawant is set to play Honeypreet’s character in a movie based on Gurmeet and has threatened to ‘expose’ both of them in the film.
After Honeypreet’s arrest in October, Sawant said she’s known Gurmeet’s ‘daughter’ for some years now, says the Times of India.
‘Yes, I'm playing Honeypreet as I have known her for seven to eight years. I know everything about her...Now that she is arrested, I will change ending of the movie from Honeypreet getting murdered by Gurmeet to her getting arrested,’ she said.
Sawant had also alleged in October this year that Gurmeet, whom she met on several occasions, was sexually interested in her.
‘Baba wanted me but Honeypreet warned him to not get involved with me as I could spell trouble for him in future. She was uncomfortable of my proximity with him,’ revealed Sawant.
Gurmeet was sentenced to 20 years in jail for raping two women and is currently lodged in Rohtak jail.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan