Aishwarya is not playing a surrogate mother in Jasmine
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:40
A Juhu birdie chirps to say that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is upset that the makers of the upcoming film, Jasmine: Story Of A Leased Womb, have been using her name to promote the film.
Ash has not yet had a script narration and is particular about announcements.
Speculations were rife that Aish has been approached for Jasmine, where the female protagonist will be essaying the character of a surrogate mother.
The film is said to be based on a real-life story set in Gujarat. However, now that Ash rubbished the rumours, it is to be seen who will be the lead face.
Jasmine marks the directorial debut of Siddharth-Garima, the writer duo of Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017) with Shree Narayan Singh as producer. For now, Aishwarya features in Fanne Khan and has given her nod to the remake of the Nargis Dutt-starrer Raat Aur Din (1967).
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira