Aishwarya is not playing a surrogate mother in Jasmine
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:40
A Juhu birdie chirps to say that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is upset that the makers of the upcoming film, Jasmine: Story Of A Leased Womb, have been using her name to promote the film.
Ash has not yet had a script narration and is particular about announcements.
Speculations were rife that Aish has been approached for Jasmine, where the female protagonist will be essaying the character of a surrogate mother.
The film is said to be based on a real-life story set in Gujarat. However, now that Ash rubbished the rumours, it is to be seen who will be the lead face.
Jasmine marks the directorial debut of Siddharth-Garima, the writer duo of Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017) with Shree Narayan Singh as producer. For now, Aishwarya features in Fanne Khan and has given her nod to the remake of the Nargis Dutt-starrer Raat Aur Din (1967).
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan