Jacqueline to recreate ‘Ek do teen’ for ‘Baaghi 2’
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 17:56
Jacqueline Fernandez will recreate veteran actress Madhuri Dixit Nene’s foot-tapping ‘Ek do teen’ number from the 1988 film ‘Tezaab’ for ‘Baaghi 2’.
Three choreographers — Saroj Khan, Ganesh Acharya and Ahmed Khan — came together on the set for this.
Ahmed, who is directing the film, said in a statement: ‘There will be three choreographers on the set... That’s a picture perfect moment in itself! It’s an all-time favourite and I have asked Ganesh to retain Sarojji’s famous hook steps and Manish Malhotra to keep Madhuri Dixit’s pink outfit in mind while designing while designing Jacqueline’s costume.’
‘Ek do teen’ was originally choreographed by the veteran Saroj Khan.
Ahmed has earlier worked with Jacqueline on numbers like ‘Chittiyan kalaiyan’, ‘Lat lag gayee’ and ‘Jumme ki raat’. He says he wants the same vibe for the recreated version.
‘I want the same feel of the earlier song that still looms large on everyone’s mind and also the same vibe, with the crowds chanting ‘Mohini, Mohini’ as Madhuri takes the stage,’ he said.
While expressing his thoughts on Jacqueline slipping into Madhuri’s shoes, Ahmed said: ‘She’s the perfect choice.’
‘Baaghi 2’, starring Tiger Shroff, is the sequel to the 2016 film ‘Baaghi’.
The film, which also stars Disha Patani, is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala under the banner name Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment and presented by Fox Star Studios. It will release on March 30.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India