Sonam Kapoor celebrates sangeet ceremony in shades of white
Published : 08 May 2018, 14:46
Actor and fashionista Sonam Kapoor will step into a new phase of life with her beau Anand Ahuja today (May 8), and the family celebrated her sangeet ceremony on Monday evening.
Sonam Kapoor was elegance personified as she chose to be in sync with the ‘shades of white’ dress code for her sangeet ceremony, a day before her wedding to Delhi-based businessman Anand Ahuja.
Sonam’s bridal functions began on Sunday (May 6) and you can take a peek into her mehendi and sangeet functions here. The formal mehendi and sangeet ceremonies took place at Sunteck, Signature Island, in Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex.
The bride-to-be Sonam Kapoor donned a stunning Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla creation. She wore a heavily embroidered gold blouse and ivory-gold lehenga. She matched the dress with traditional jewellery — neckpiece, maang tikka and jhumkas. Her hair was neatly done up in a long braid with white flowers.
The couple looked like a match made in heaven, as Anand complemented Sonam’s look. He looked handsome in a Raghavendra Rathore ivory white kurta, which he layered with a Nehru jacket. He added an emerald brooch to add a hint of colour to attire.
Here are the pictures:
We came across many pictures from the ceremony, and one was of Sonam posing with sister Rhea and brother Harshvardhan. The sibling love oozing from the photo will bring a smile to your face too.
Harshvardhan and dad Anil Kapoor looked dapper in white kurta pyjamas.
Several Bollywood celebrities also turned up, making it a star-studded affair. Among them were Jacqueline Fernandez, Masaba Gupta, Karan Johar, Rani Mukherji, Shilpa Shetty, Varun Dhawan, Karisma Kapoor, Rekha and others.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- How blue light accelerates blindness
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work