Actor Mithun’s son faces rape charges
Published : 03 Jul 2018, 16:32
An Indian court ordered registration of FIR against veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty’s wife Yogita Bali and son Mahaakshay on charges of rape, cheating and causing miscarriage without consent.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate of Delhi Court Ekta Gauba said prima facie there are sufficient grounds for registration of an FIR against Chakraborty's wife Yogita Bali and their son Mahaakshay and to proceed further in accordance with the law.
The order came on the plea by the complainant who alleged that Mahaakshay had cheated and raped her after being in physical relation with her for around four years on the pretext of marriage, reports Indian media.
An actress, who has worked in Hindi and Bhojpuri films, filed a complaint before the court stating that she had been in a relationship with Mahakshay since 2015.
She also stated that he had made a physical relationship with her after promising to marry her, according to media report.
Taking note of the accusations made by the woman, the court said investigation by the police was necessary “keeping in view the high and influential status of respondents 1 and 2 being the son and the wife of renowned and veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty”.
The court further said that according to the law, an FIR must be registered in cases of rape.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today