Bangladeshi team striving to rescue elephant in Jamalpur
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:17
Efforts of Bangaladeshi team is continuing to rescue the Indain wild elephant which was roaming in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur district.
Sources said the elephant was roaming at Char Syedpur village under Kamrabad union of Sarishabari upazila of the district till 3.30 pm today.
Wild Life Inspector, Wild Life Crime Control Unit, Dhaka, Ashim Mollick said they were optimistic to rescue the wild elephant within short time.
He said flood water is receding and favorable situation is being created.
He said they were equipped with necessary medicine, tranquilizing gun and others apparatus to rescue the elephant.
The wild male elephant weighing about four metric tons floated to Bangladesh from Assam of India with floodwater through Roumari boarder of Kurigram district on June 27.
- Most viewed
- PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- 21 March Deaths
- 21 March Births
- 21 March Events
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation