Bangladeshi team striving to rescue elephant in Jamalpur
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:17
Efforts of Bangaladeshi team is continuing to rescue the Indain wild elephant which was roaming in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur district.
Sources said the elephant was roaming at Char Syedpur village under Kamrabad union of Sarishabari upazila of the district till 3.30 pm today.
Wild Life Inspector, Wild Life Crime Control Unit, Dhaka, Ashim Mollick said they were optimistic to rescue the wild elephant within short time.
He said flood water is receding and favorable situation is being created.
He said they were equipped with necessary medicine, tranquilizing gun and others apparatus to rescue the elephant.
The wild male elephant weighing about four metric tons floated to Bangladesh from Assam of India with floodwater through Roumari boarder of Kurigram district on June 27.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self