Bangladeshi team striving to rescue elephant in Jamalpur
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:17
Efforts of Bangaladeshi team is continuing to rescue the Indain wild elephant which was roaming in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur district.
Sources said the elephant was roaming at Char Syedpur village under Kamrabad union of Sarishabari upazila of the district till 3.30 pm today.
Wild Life Inspector, Wild Life Crime Control Unit, Dhaka, Ashim Mollick said they were optimistic to rescue the wild elephant within short time.
He said flood water is receding and favorable situation is being created.
He said they were equipped with necessary medicine, tranquilizing gun and others apparatus to rescue the elephant.
The wild male elephant weighing about four metric tons floated to Bangladesh from Assam of India with floodwater through Roumari boarder of Kurigram district on June 27.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia