Bangladeshi team striving to rescue elephant in Jamalpur
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:17
Efforts of Bangaladeshi team is continuing to rescue the Indain wild elephant which was roaming in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur district.
Sources said the elephant was roaming at Char Syedpur village under Kamrabad union of Sarishabari upazila of the district till 3.30 pm today.
Wild Life Inspector, Wild Life Crime Control Unit, Dhaka, Ashim Mollick said they were optimistic to rescue the wild elephant within short time.
He said flood water is receding and favorable situation is being created.
He said they were equipped with necessary medicine, tranquilizing gun and others apparatus to rescue the elephant.
The wild male elephant weighing about four metric tons floated to Bangladesh from Assam of India with floodwater through Roumari boarder of Kurigram district on June 27.
- Most viewed
- 10 Super foods for Weight Loss (Video)
- The Best Exercise to Sculpt Your Legs (Video)
- 6 Secrets to Get to Sleep Faster (Video)
- Which STD Tests You Should Get and Why
- 4 Steps to Slim, Sculpted Arms (Video)
- How to Sculpt Killer Abs (Video)
- Why a Swedish Town Might Be Swapping Lunch Breaks For Sex Breaks (Video)
- This 15-Minute Yoga Flow Will Instantly Brighten Your Skin (video)
- Straight women have fewest orgasms
- PM urges brands, buyers to help overhaul garment factories
- Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
- President, PM pay tributes to Pilkhana martyrs
- JU VC honored as first woman VC to public university
- Gas price hike: CPB, BSD call hartal in Dhaka Feb 28
- 82,000 tonnes winter vegetables produced in Narsingdi
- Khadiza goes back home
- Medical student killed in Dhaka road accident
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM