Bangladeshi team striving to rescue elephant in Jamalpur
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:17
Efforts of Bangaladeshi team is continuing to rescue the Indain wild elephant which was roaming in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur district.
Sources said the elephant was roaming at Char Syedpur village under Kamrabad union of Sarishabari upazila of the district till 3.30 pm today.
Wild Life Inspector, Wild Life Crime Control Unit, Dhaka, Ashim Mollick said they were optimistic to rescue the wild elephant within short time.
He said flood water is receding and favorable situation is being created.
He said they were equipped with necessary medicine, tranquilizing gun and others apparatus to rescue the elephant.
The wild male elephant weighing about four metric tons floated to Bangladesh from Assam of India with floodwater through Roumari boarder of Kurigram district on June 27.
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident