Bangladeshi team striving to rescue elephant in Jamalpur
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:17
Efforts of Bangaladeshi team is continuing to rescue the Indain wild elephant which was roaming in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur district.
Sources said the elephant was roaming at Char Syedpur village under Kamrabad union of Sarishabari upazila of the district till 3.30 pm today.
Wild Life Inspector, Wild Life Crime Control Unit, Dhaka, Ashim Mollick said they were optimistic to rescue the wild elephant within short time.
He said flood water is receding and favorable situation is being created.
He said they were equipped with necessary medicine, tranquilizing gun and others apparatus to rescue the elephant.
The wild male elephant weighing about four metric tons floated to Bangladesh from Assam of India with floodwater through Roumari boarder of Kurigram district on June 27.
- Most viewed
- Honey Chilli Potato
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Facebook's Sandberg favors release of Russia-linked ads
- AL wants next polls be free, fair: PM
- 15 October Deaths
- 15 October Births
- 15 October Events
- 10 October Events
- 9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
- Girl gang raped in front of her boyfriend
- World Mental Health Day being observed
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Blue Whale: Class 9 student saved by Indian teacher
- 10 October Deaths
- 10 October Births
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?