PM pays homage to Bangabandhu, 4 national leaders
Published : 03 Nov 2017, 11:45
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday paid tributes to Father of Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and four national leaders marking the Jail Killing Day.
On behalf of the Prime Minister, Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury and Health Minister Mohammad Nasim placed a wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi Road No 32 in the morning.
General Secretary of Awami League and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader and senior leaders placed another wreath at the portrait on behalf of Awami League president Sheikh Hasina.
The killers of Bangabandhu stormed into Dhaka Central Jail in the early hours of November 3, 1975 and killed four national leaders Tajuddin Ahmed, Syed Nazrul Islam, Captain Monsur Ali and AHM Kamruzzaman who led the Liberation War in absence of Bangabandhu in 1971 and earned victory for the nation.
Senior Awami League leaders Sahara Khatun, Dr M Abdur Razzak, Abdul Mannan Khan, Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Dr Dipu Moni, Abdus Sobhan Golap and Hasan Mahmud, among others, were present.
- Most viewed
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- US wants transparent business environment in BD
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- 16 January Deaths
- 16 January Births
- 16 January Events
- Marinated broccoli with yogurt dip
- How to work on loopholes of destination wedding
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- 10 January Deaths
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Foods with multiple benefits