Pets can boost your sex appeal
Published : 05 May 2016, 14:46
Apart from offering companionship and love, pets can also boost your sex appeal, researchers say.
According to new research, dogs and cats are seen a crucial member of a family and many men and women agree that caring for a dog can be attractive in a potential partner, reports IANS.
In collaboration with the pet store chain in the US, PetSmart, the researchers recruited 1,210 single pet owners through online dating service Match.com.
In the pool of participants, 60 per cent were women and 40 per cent were men. While 72 per cent owned dogs, 42 per cent were cat owners.
The subjects took a 21-question online survey about how pets entered into their dating lives and 35 per cent of women and 26 per cent of men said they were more attracted to someone because they owned a pet.
“The direction of these patterns in results was toward cats being exploited less often than dogs as 'social tools' in the dating world,” Peter Gray, the study author, said.
Cat owners may feel ‘ruffly’ treated by the results of the survey with dogs serving more commonly as social barometers in the dating arena than cats did, with dogs winning 500 of the 600 votes for the sexiest pet a guy could own.
The study was published by Taylor & Francis Group in the journal Anthrozoos.
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident