Pets can boost your sex appeal
Published : 05 May 2016, 14:46
Apart from offering companionship and love, pets can also boost your sex appeal, researchers say.
According to new research, dogs and cats are seen a crucial member of a family and many men and women agree that caring for a dog can be attractive in a potential partner, reports IANS.
In collaboration with the pet store chain in the US, PetSmart, the researchers recruited 1,210 single pet owners through online dating service Match.com.
In the pool of participants, 60 per cent were women and 40 per cent were men. While 72 per cent owned dogs, 42 per cent were cat owners.
The subjects took a 21-question online survey about how pets entered into their dating lives and 35 per cent of women and 26 per cent of men said they were more attracted to someone because they owned a pet.
“The direction of these patterns in results was toward cats being exploited less often than dogs as 'social tools' in the dating world,” Peter Gray, the study author, said.
Cat owners may feel ‘ruffly’ treated by the results of the survey with dogs serving more commonly as social barometers in the dating arena than cats did, with dogs winning 500 of the 600 votes for the sexiest pet a guy could own.
The study was published by Taylor & Francis Group in the journal Anthrozoos.
- Most viewed
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu