Woman Wears Hijab And Burkini In Minnesota Pageant
Published : 28 Nov 2016, 19:04
A Somali-American woman has become the first to compete in the Miss Minnesota USA pageant in full-body outfits.
Halima Aden made the semifinals of the competition over the weekend while wearing a hijab. She also wore a burkini during the swimsuit competition.
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports Aden's swim outfit stood in contrast to those of the other 44 contestants, most of whom wore bikinis.
Before the competition, the 19-year-old told Minnesota Public Radio News that the pageant was "a great platform to show the world who I am."
- Most viewed
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 22 March Deaths
- 22 March Births
- World Water Day today