Woman Wears Hijab And Burkini In Minnesota Pageant
Published : 28 Nov 2016, 19:04
A Somali-American woman has become the first to compete in the Miss Minnesota USA pageant in full-body outfits.
Halima Aden made the semifinals of the competition over the weekend while wearing a hijab. She also wore a burkini during the swimsuit competition.
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports Aden's swim outfit stood in contrast to those of the other 44 contestants, most of whom wore bikinis.
Before the competition, the 19-year-old told Minnesota Public Radio News that the pageant was "a great platform to show the world who I am."
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs