This Is the Perfect Age to Get Married
Published : 08 Apr 2017, 18:15
It's already a confusing task to find the right partner to marry, and now, it seems there is also a right age bracket to get hitched, according to science.
According to a study carried out by Nicholas H. Wolfinger, a professor at the University of Utah suggests that the people who tie the knot between the ages of 28 to 32 have the least chances of getting divorced.
According to the research, the odds of divorce decline as you age from your teenage years through your late twenties and early thirties.
The chances of divorce go up again as you move into your late thirties and early forties. Wolfiger writes, "Past the age of 32 or so, the odds of divorce increase by 5 percent per year of age at marriage.
The kinds of people who wait till their thirties to get married may be the kinds of people who aren't predisposed toward doing well in their marriages."
The study that has been published by the Institute of Family Studies also suggests couples in their thirties are more mature and usually have a sounder economic foundation.
Wolfinger adds, "People who marry later face a pool of potential spouses that has been winnowed down to exclude the individuals most predisposed to succeed at matrimony."
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)