This Is the Perfect Age to Get Married
Published : 08 Apr 2017, 18:15
It's already a confusing task to find the right partner to marry, and now, it seems there is also a right age bracket to get hitched, according to science.
According to a study carried out by Nicholas H. Wolfinger, a professor at the University of Utah suggests that the people who tie the knot between the ages of 28 to 32 have the least chances of getting divorced.
According to the research, the odds of divorce decline as you age from your teenage years through your late twenties and early thirties.
The chances of divorce go up again as you move into your late thirties and early forties. Wolfiger writes, "Past the age of 32 or so, the odds of divorce increase by 5 percent per year of age at marriage.
The kinds of people who wait till their thirties to get married may be the kinds of people who aren't predisposed toward doing well in their marriages."
The study that has been published by the Institute of Family Studies also suggests couples in their thirties are more mature and usually have a sounder economic foundation.
Wolfinger adds, "People who marry later face a pool of potential spouses that has been winnowed down to exclude the individuals most predisposed to succeed at matrimony."
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'