Recipe of Nihari Gosht
Published : 28 Apr 2017, 19:22
A traditional Muslim dish of slow cooked meat adorned with the aroma of rose water.
1 kg meat
2 Tbsp refined oil
3-4 green cardamoms
1 tsp whole cinnamon
2 black cardamoms
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garlic - fried and ground
1 tsp onions - fried and ground
3 Tbsp yoghurt - beaten
2 tsp gulab-jal
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
1/2 tsp saffron - soaked in water
Salt to taste
A few drops of itar
Wheat dough for dum
Fresh coriander and ginger juliennes - to garnish
How to Make Nihari Gosht:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
2. Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
4. Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
5. When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic and onion paste.
6. Mix well and add yoghurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
7. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
9. Add a few drops of itar and cover the pan.
10. Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
11. Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.
Key Ingredients: rose water, mutton, saffron, nutmeg, garam masala, coriander powder, coriander leaves, ginger, whole wheat flour, green cardamom, yogurt, onion, garlic, red chilli, turmeric, bay leaf, cinnamon, vegetable oil, lamb meat
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers