Recipe of Nihari Gosht
Published : 28 Apr 2017, 19:22
A traditional Muslim dish of slow cooked meat adorned with the aroma of rose water.
1 kg meat
2 Tbsp refined oil
3-4 green cardamoms
1 tsp whole cinnamon
2 black cardamoms
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garlic - fried and ground
1 tsp onions - fried and ground
3 Tbsp yoghurt - beaten
2 tsp gulab-jal
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
1/2 tsp saffron - soaked in water
Salt to taste
A few drops of itar
Wheat dough for dum
Fresh coriander and ginger juliennes - to garnish
How to Make Nihari Gosht:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
2. Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
4. Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
5. When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic and onion paste.
6. Mix well and add yoghurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
7. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
9. Add a few drops of itar and cover the pan.
10. Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
11. Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.
Key Ingredients: rose water, mutton, saffron, nutmeg, garam masala, coriander powder, coriander leaves, ginger, whole wheat flour, green cardamom, yogurt, onion, garlic, red chilli, turmeric, bay leaf, cinnamon, vegetable oil, lamb meat
- Most viewed
- How sleep disorders could affect women and men differently
- Ariana Grande returns to US following Manchester bombing
- Rab cordons off 2 ‘militant dens’ in C’nawabganj
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Macher Paturi
- Shabana Azmi plays a mom in The Black Prince, a biopic on Punjab’s last king
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM
- Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo dies
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif