Recipe of Nihari Gosht
Published : 28 Apr 2017, 19:22
A traditional Muslim dish of slow cooked meat adorned with the aroma of rose water.
1 kg meat
2 Tbsp refined oil
3-4 green cardamoms
1 tsp whole cinnamon
2 black cardamoms
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garlic - fried and ground
1 tsp onions - fried and ground
3 Tbsp yoghurt - beaten
2 tsp gulab-jal
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
1/2 tsp saffron - soaked in water
Salt to taste
A few drops of itar
Wheat dough for dum
Fresh coriander and ginger juliennes - to garnish
How to Make Nihari Gosht:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
2. Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
4. Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
5. When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic and onion paste.
6. Mix well and add yoghurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
7. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
9. Add a few drops of itar and cover the pan.
10. Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
11. Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.
Key Ingredients: rose water, mutton, saffron, nutmeg, garam masala, coriander powder, coriander leaves, ginger, whole wheat flour, green cardamom, yogurt, onion, garlic, red chilli, turmeric, bay leaf, cinnamon, vegetable oil, lamb meat
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today