Recipe of Nihari Gosht
Published : 28 Apr 2017, 19:22
A traditional Muslim dish of slow cooked meat adorned with the aroma of rose water.
1 kg meat
2 Tbsp refined oil
3-4 green cardamoms
1 tsp whole cinnamon
2 black cardamoms
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garlic - fried and ground
1 tsp onions - fried and ground
3 Tbsp yoghurt - beaten
2 tsp gulab-jal
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
1/2 tsp saffron - soaked in water
Salt to taste
A few drops of itar
Wheat dough for dum
Fresh coriander and ginger juliennes - to garnish
How to Make Nihari Gosht:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
2. Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
4. Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
5. When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic and onion paste.
6. Mix well and add yoghurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
7. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
9. Add a few drops of itar and cover the pan.
10. Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
11. Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.
Key Ingredients: rose water, mutton, saffron, nutmeg, garam masala, coriander powder, coriander leaves, ginger, whole wheat flour, green cardamom, yogurt, onion, garlic, red chilli, turmeric, bay leaf, cinnamon, vegetable oil, lamb meat
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan