Published : 29 Apr 2017, 15:52
Chicken Irani is an easy chicken recipe that goes perfectly well with any drink. Unlike batter fried chicken, here the meat is fried by dipping in egg-pepper mixture that gives it a soft, gooey texture. You can serve this quick chicken recipe on a bed of salad of your choice. It is a perfect appetizer recipe that tastes amazing as an evening snack and is also a great accompaniment with soups and salads. This easy chicken recipe can be made in minutes and is a must have on weekends.
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
1 cup refined oil
500 gm chicken boneless
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 tablespoon powdered black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
salt as required
1 handful chopped coriander leaves
How to make Chicken Irani
Clean the chicken pieces in running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel. Keep aside. Take 5-6 cups of water in a large pan and bring it to boil.
Add chicken pieces with garlic, ginger, pepper and salt in the water. This step is important to infuse the aroma of the spices in the chicken.
In a while the chicken will turn white. Boil till it is tender but not overcooked. When fully boiled, drain water and keep aside the cooked chicken.
Take a bowl, beat egg whites in it and mix pepper and salt. Beat the eggs till they are fluffy and form soft peaks. Add cinnamon and cardamom powder. You can also add some garlic paste at this point.
In a deep bottomed pan, add oil and heat it over moderate flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture and deep fry them on medium flame. Keep turning the sides so that the chicken is evenly cooked and crispy.
Garnish with onion rings and chopped coriander. Serve with dip of your choice
- Most viewed
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- 21 March Deaths
- 21 March Births
- 21 March Events
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation