Published : 29 Apr 2017, 15:52
Chicken Irani is an easy chicken recipe that goes perfectly well with any drink. Unlike batter fried chicken, here the meat is fried by dipping in egg-pepper mixture that gives it a soft, gooey texture. You can serve this quick chicken recipe on a bed of salad of your choice. It is a perfect appetizer recipe that tastes amazing as an evening snack and is also a great accompaniment with soups and salads. This easy chicken recipe can be made in minutes and is a must have on weekends.
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
1 cup refined oil
500 gm chicken boneless
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 tablespoon powdered black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
salt as required
1 handful chopped coriander leaves
How to make Chicken Irani
Clean the chicken pieces in running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel. Keep aside. Take 5-6 cups of water in a large pan and bring it to boil.
Add chicken pieces with garlic, ginger, pepper and salt in the water. This step is important to infuse the aroma of the spices in the chicken.
In a while the chicken will turn white. Boil till it is tender but not overcooked. When fully boiled, drain water and keep aside the cooked chicken.
Take a bowl, beat egg whites in it and mix pepper and salt. Beat the eggs till they are fluffy and form soft peaks. Add cinnamon and cardamom powder. You can also add some garlic paste at this point.
In a deep bottomed pan, add oil and heat it over moderate flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture and deep fry them on medium flame. Keep turning the sides so that the chicken is evenly cooked and crispy.
Garnish with onion rings and chopped coriander. Serve with dip of your choice
- Most viewed
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Elizabeth's memorable encounters with US presidents
- Asif Akbar to act in movies
- PM asks SSF not to isolate her from people
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- AL to fulfill pledges if voted to power again: Prime Minister
- US woman survives 7 days on radiator water after Jeep crash
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- Bangladesh women’s cricket team rout Netherlands by 7 wkts
- Teen arrested for dancing in Iran
- Six boys exit from Thai cave, Rescue operation underway
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- 'Rescued 8 Thai boys in good mental, physical state'