Lasagna with Meat Sauce
Published : 09 May 2017, 17:52
Lasagna with Meat Sauce is a delightful Italian recipe. It is loaded with cheese and not a very simple recipe. But the outcome of your efforts is scrumptious. This lasagna recipe uses five types of cheese and two types of meat. However, you can replace the pork meat if you do not have it. The dish will turn out well even without it. If you have to serve this dish in a party, make the preparations well in advance as it is an elaborate dish and might take some time to cook. Handle the final outcome very gently or it might disintegrate or crumble. If you do not have all the varieties of cheese mentioned in the recipe, you can also prepare it with the commonly available ones. The types of cheese simply add to the flavours. It can be served as a main dish and also be served in small portions as a starter recipe. If you want to surprise your guests with some innovative dish, try out this easy recipe!
1 kilograms ground mutton
2 cup tomato ketchup
2 clove minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon minced parsley
8 ounce ricotta cheese
9 sliced & slit lasagne sheets
750 gm pork sausages
180 ml tomato puree
2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon powdered red peppers
2 pinches oregano
3 cup cottage cheese (paneer)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
6 provolone cheese
For The Main Dish
3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make Lasagna with Meat Sauce
In a skillet, cook mutton and sausage over medium heat until they are soft and tender. You must keep the flame low and the pan covered so that the meats are properly cooked. You may need to add small quantities of water if you find the meats to be too dry during the process.
Add tomato sauce, tomato puree, garlic cloves, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano in the skillet. Simmer the ingredients, uncovered, for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Keep the flame low or the liquids will all dry up. Your meat sauce is ready!
In a bowl, combine the eggs, parsley, cottage cheese, ricotta and parmesan cheese. Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in an ungreased baking dish. You do not need to grease it as the sauce has enough fat.
Layer with lasagne sheet, provolone cheese, 2 cups of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella, lasagne sheet, 2 cups of meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella.
Top with remaining sheets, meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 375 degree Fahrenheit for around 50 minutes. Then uncover and bake for 20 minutes more.
Let it stand for 15 minutes before cutting or it will disintegrate. Once it cools down, cut into squares and serve hot.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia