Published : 13 May 2017, 14:50
Chanar Jilipi is one of the popular Bengali recipes which is also known as Paneer Jalebi. Prepared using full cream milk, lemon juice, and all purpose flour, this dessert recipe is truly delicious and mouth-watering. Try these cottage cheese swirls dipped in sugar syrup on festivals and special occasions and enjoy with your loved ones.
1 1/2 litre full cream milk
3 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For The Main Dish
2 cup ghee
How to make Chanar Jilipi:
Put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and add milk in it and bring it to a boil. While the milk is boiling, add lemon juice in it.
Once the milk curdles up, drain the content through a clean muslin cloth.
Tie the cloth and hang it for 2 hours so that the water completely drains away.
Transfer the cottage cheese to your desired kneading space.
Add all purpose flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt to the cottage cheese mixture.
Knead it well until the mixture turns into a smooth dough. Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
Take out small portions of dough, roll out long ropes out of the balls and swirl them up in the form of jalebis. This will make around 8 to 10 jalebis.
Now put a kadhai on medium flame, add ghee and heat. Once the ghee is sufficiently hot, deep fry these prepared jalebis in batches.
In the meantime, prepare the sugar syrup. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the sugar and water, boil it until you get the desired consistency. Remember, it should not be very thick neither very thin, a medium consistency is required.
Once done, switch off the flame, soak the fried paneer jalebis in sugar syrup for about two to three hours. Enjoy them hot!
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths