Published : 13 May 2017, 14:50
Chanar Jilipi is one of the popular Bengali recipes which is also known as Paneer Jalebi. Prepared using full cream milk, lemon juice, and all purpose flour, this dessert recipe is truly delicious and mouth-watering. Try these cottage cheese swirls dipped in sugar syrup on festivals and special occasions and enjoy with your loved ones.
1 1/2 litre full cream milk
3 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For The Main Dish
2 cup ghee
How to make Chanar Jilipi:
Put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and add milk in it and bring it to a boil. While the milk is boiling, add lemon juice in it.
Once the milk curdles up, drain the content through a clean muslin cloth.
Tie the cloth and hang it for 2 hours so that the water completely drains away.
Transfer the cottage cheese to your desired kneading space.
Add all purpose flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt to the cottage cheese mixture.
Knead it well until the mixture turns into a smooth dough. Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
Take out small portions of dough, roll out long ropes out of the balls and swirl them up in the form of jalebis. This will make around 8 to 10 jalebis.
Now put a kadhai on medium flame, add ghee and heat. Once the ghee is sufficiently hot, deep fry these prepared jalebis in batches.
In the meantime, prepare the sugar syrup. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the sugar and water, boil it until you get the desired consistency. Remember, it should not be very thick neither very thin, a medium consistency is required.
Once done, switch off the flame, soak the fried paneer jalebis in sugar syrup for about two to three hours. Enjoy them hot!
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service