Published : 13 May 2017, 14:50
Chanar Jilipi is one of the popular Bengali recipes which is also known as Paneer Jalebi. Prepared using full cream milk, lemon juice, and all purpose flour, this dessert recipe is truly delicious and mouth-watering. Try these cottage cheese swirls dipped in sugar syrup on festivals and special occasions and enjoy with your loved ones.
1 1/2 litre full cream milk
3 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For The Main Dish
2 cup ghee
How to make Chanar Jilipi:
Put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and add milk in it and bring it to a boil. While the milk is boiling, add lemon juice in it.
Once the milk curdles up, drain the content through a clean muslin cloth.
Tie the cloth and hang it for 2 hours so that the water completely drains away.
Transfer the cottage cheese to your desired kneading space.
Add all purpose flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt to the cottage cheese mixture.
Knead it well until the mixture turns into a smooth dough. Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
Take out small portions of dough, roll out long ropes out of the balls and swirl them up in the form of jalebis. This will make around 8 to 10 jalebis.
Now put a kadhai on medium flame, add ghee and heat. Once the ghee is sufficiently hot, deep fry these prepared jalebis in batches.
In the meantime, prepare the sugar syrup. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the sugar and water, boil it until you get the desired consistency. Remember, it should not be very thick neither very thin, a medium consistency is required.
Once done, switch off the flame, soak the fried paneer jalebis in sugar syrup for about two to three hours. Enjoy them hot!
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia